Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WP template loads before Toolset one

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matteoM-6 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am using my own template without problem but I noticed that before mine gets loaded the browsers shows a template that I believe is WP one and then loads mine. We're talking about 2 seconds or less.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I noticed that for a short time we can see an image that is actually used later on the page. I believe that your theme uses Javascript to create the user experience, but before Javascript can run, there is something there that applied a style on the content of the page and displays the content without the desired style.
Check this screenshot from the Developer tools network panel hidden link

Javascript on the page applies some styles on the page, if you deactivate Javascript, check what style you will get.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Jamal,

I've been using toolset with Xtheme for about 3 years and this issue has always shown up. Before I had a developer solving it for me but this time I would kindly need your help to solve it. I assume disabling JS fully is not an option as other functionalities would be affected.

Thank you,
Matteo

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Matteo,

Maybe If I take a closer look at your website and how this page is built I can advise you better. I promise nothing as this might be something related to styling or Javascript animations that are out of the scope of this forum.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Matteo,

Indeed the image is displayed by the theme template as the featured image of the project. At some point of the page loading, some CSS makes the image visible on the browser. I give it a try but could not find the part that causes that.

I'll suggest adding CSS code that will hide the image or overriding the theme template on a child theme and remove the section that contains the image, the title, and the meta info(author, date).

Remember that Toolset content template will be rendered in the_content() function call on the theme template https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_content/

Check this screenshot from the browser console of your page hidden link

All the best,
Jamal

Hi there, I have hidden it from the CSS, however the problem is still there and it's a shame I couldn't fix it.

Thanks,
Matteo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.