Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Would like the URL field type have the ability to pick an existing post

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelR-26 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a post field for URL on my CPT. I understand that you can paste a URL into the field, but is there a way to have a post/page picker available also? That way you would not need to leave, find and copy a URL, then come back to the CPT page and paste in the URL field. Seems it would be far easier to just pick from the site's existing pages or posts right there on the CPT page.

Possible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this is not possible. In order for you get this there will need to write some custom code to achieve this.

However such custom coding is out of the scope of our support forum.

What I recommend that you do is to contact one of our certified partners in order to achieve this.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, thank you. It seems like it could be a future product improvement as it is very common to include internal pages/posts in CPTs.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.