Skip Navigation

[Resolved] working with gutenberg blocks

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by acts-1224C 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I recently started a new website and I am using the new wordpress Gutenberg blocks. I notice that in the dashboard it does not display the plugin view in there. does it still usable or not? how do I use it to create views.

DO I have to have a content template still?

I haven't found much information about it and it is confusing.
Thanks

Miller

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Miller,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The WordPress's new Gutenberg blocks, replace its old visual content builder, but it doesn't replace Toolset's Views plugin.

To create the lists of contents, you'll still need the post and archive Views:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-and-display-custom-lists-of-content/

Likewise, if you'd like to assign the content templates for specific posts/pages or a whole post type, you can still assign Toolset's content templates and then design them using the content builder of your choice, including the Gutenberg blocks.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

While editing a Toolset content template, you'll see a "Block Editor" button, which can be used to edit it using the Gutenberg blocks.
Example screenshot: hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks Waqar,

I am still trying to absorb the change, and I could very well do this website in the classic mode, however I want to be ready to embark along this total redo of wordpress Gutenberg Blocks, and on the same token use Toolset which for me is one of the most powerful platform/tool for website building.

As I understand what you said, all original functions still operate the same. but for me it does not make sense. I read the material but somehow I am still in doubt.

When I create a content template and click continue with block editor, it open a page. that page is a page or will be just the content template creation, and from there, I need to create a real page and select the content that come from that "sort of page" from the content template?

This is where I get lost, it feels when I click the button blocks a page is create. but in fact that is only a back end step for the creation of the page? Do I have to create a sigle content template, then a view using the view plugin, then on the page I want to display that view I shold find the view I creeated then select it to display on the page? Is that the process?

Again I really appreciate your time in this.

Thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.