Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress Post Archive not displaying correctly

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Setup the post archive

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: A list of posts

Instead, I got: The footer seems to be in front of the looped content. It's like it's floating on top.

position.JPG

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website, it seems there are some JS codes is adding extra CSS style to

<main class="content" id="genesis-content" style="position: relative;height: 0px;">

It conduct the problem you mentioned above:

The footer seems to be in front of the looped content

If I disable the CSS style, it works fine, see screenshot position.JPG

It might be a compatibility problem from other plugin/theme, please check these in your website:
deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again, try to locate the problem plugin/theme.

It is in the theme. I could not locate the JS that is doing it, or else I would modify it there. For now I just forced that container to have a hight of auto through CSS.

#genesis-content {
height: auto!important;
}

You think this will be a fix? Or should I spend time finding the culprit on the theme's JS files?

That depends on yourself, if the CSS codes fix the problem without any other problem, then you can use it in your website.

In the mean time, it is a problem of your theme file, you can also ask help from the author of your theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.