Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress Archive

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jillT 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Capture.PNG

I am creating an archive for standard Posts

From the dashboard, I clicked Create archive for Posts
I added a Toolset Images block to the loop. Made it Dynamic > current post
I need to select the featured image, however, it ONLY gives the option to select the author profile picture. (see attached image)

I have previously created an archive for a custom post type, and that gave me the option to select the featured image, so why doesn't this one?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know the first thing is - have you created post type archive or taxonomy archive?

As I said in my post. I clicked CREATE ARCHIVE in the dashboard alongside Posts.
The resulting template is situated under Toolset > WORDPRESS ARCHIVES

Minesh
Supporter

I got it, so its post type archive for the post type posts.

I'm not sure why you do not see the featured image option as I just tested out.

I clicked on button "Create Archive" available on Toolset => Dashboard for the post type "Post" and added the image block and as you can see with the following screenshot, I can see the featured image option.
=> hidden link

Can I have problem URL and access details so I can check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm afraid that wp-admin access details you shared is not working at this end.

Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Please try again, with the same details

Minesh
Supporter

I checked again and still the wp-admin access details you send to me is not working at this end.

I also try to pass the access details you shared to one of the supporter and for him as well the access details are not working.

I don't know what's going on - after creating the user I immediately tried it and it worked.

I have now reset the password to above. Please try again with same credentials. I have tried it and it is definitely working

Minesh
Supporter

This time it's working. Thank you.

As you can see with the following screenshot - your archive is set to multiple entities like multiple standard archive as well as taxonomy archive:
=> hidden link

Currently - the featured image option will be available if your archive is set to "Custom Post Archives". This is known to us and we will try to improve here. For now, the workaround I can offer you is, you should try to add "Field and Text" block and then try to add the featured image using featured image shortcode.

For example:

[wpv-post-featured-image]

Thanks. I was getting quite muddled up, so I just deleted that template in order to create a new one from scratch and cleared all my caches. It was created exactly the same way as in your post above, #1768151

Unlike your reply #1768151 above, I am still not given the option to choose featured image.

As I really need to get this site working I used your method of entering the shortcode. Which is very disappointing as I am then unable to change the styles without going into writing css to incorporate, which at this time I do not wish to do.

But now I have an additional problem that this template is showing TWO navigations on the front end, even though there is only ONE navigation block in the template.

One more point is that on the dashboard, for Posts it is still telling me that there is WordPress Archive for Posts. And yet on the front end it is displaying as the template

EDIT to above! I solved the pagination issue. It was WordPress adding their pagination, so I just removed the block on the template

Minesh
Supporter

I'm afraid that for now, that is the only workaround to display the featured image using "Fields and Text" block and use the shortcode I shared to display the featured image.

Well that's strange because in your first reply you should it giving you the option.

What about the fact that on the dashboard it still shows "There is not wordpress archive for posts", even though there is and it's working?

Sorry, but I'm just getting fed up with wasting time because so many bits and pieces aren't working properly, if at all

Minesh
Supporter

What about the fact that on the dashboard it still shows "There is not wordpress archive for posts", even though there is and it's working?
==>
The thing is that you created the following archive:
- hidden link

If you notice, the archive is set to display "Categories" that means you have actually created the taxonomy archive for the posts.

To create the archive for the default post type "post", you will require to create archive for "Home/Blog" as you can see with the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Once you will create archive for your "Home/Blog" - you will see the archive name instead of the message "There is not wordpress archive for posts".

Thank you.
It used to be that when you clicked Create an Archive the template would then simply show there. I'm struggling to keep up with all the changes - makes life very hard for what is supposed to be a hobby, especially when it seems a large part of want I want to do still isn't working properly yet!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.