Skip Navigation

[Closed] WordPress Archive Fatal Error with Newly Created Taxonomy

This support ticket is created 8 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Posts
#286715
wordpress-archive-error.PNG

I tried to create a new WordPress archive view for a newly created taxonomy and got a fatal error after creating the new archive.

I trashed the archive and added the taxonomy to an existing WP archive for a CPT and the same fatal error showed up.

I'm unable to save any changes or do anything else with the WP archive.

Please see attached image of the error I'm getting.

#286718

Maybe/hopefully this info will help:

I change the term for the (hierarchical) taxonomy in the only CPT post that had been created, clicked on update, and the error message in the WP archives view disappeared.

I changed it back to the original term, updated, and the error message reappeared.

I've tried deleting "offending" term, saving, resaving permalinks, then re-adding it, but it continues to produce the same error message.

It seems like that particular term is cursed (lol).

#286720

Okay, so the problem has been "solved."

I tried the following advice which I found here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/catchable-fatal-error-object-of-class-wp_error-could-not-be-converted-to-string-2 by googling the error message:

"Here's what I did. I went into the database, in the wp_term_taxonomy table, I found a record that showed "nav_menu" in the taxonomy column. I deleted that record and whammo, I got my WP menu functionality back. No need to reinstall."

That did not help (not sure what effect that deletion may or may not have).

So then I did the most obvious thing possible: since the problem wasn't a problem with an alternate term selected, I left the original post with the original "cursed" term alone, then created a new post, created an alternate term, and clicked on publish.

Problem disappeared from the WordPress archives view.

I've set the status of this post to "I still need assistance" only because I am uncertain about the effects of deleting "nav_menu" from the taxonomy column in phpmyadmin.

#286865

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Actually, that looks like a non-existent taxonomy linked somewhere on the menus (with reference to nav_menu). The same thread addresses this quite a few more times, specially https://wordpress.org/support/topic/catchable-fatal-error-object-of-class-wp_error-could-not-be-converted-to-string-2#post-1918255 this looks more specific.

If you are seeing anything missing in your site or theme (after the solution you adopted), then it should be a worrying matter, otherwise I don't think it will affect anything. Since it was linked to a non-existent object, which should already have made no difference.

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress Archive Fatal Error with Newly Created Taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.