Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce Views rendering loops of the_ddcontent, and I dont know why

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Compatibility issue with new Barebones theme.

Solution:

You needed to add the line of code:

add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' );

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Custom layout for a single product.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The bottom full-width sections are all I expect to see (plus the page header).

Instead, I got:
I cannot figure out why there is that additional content appearing before. It's only happening on products post type. It appears to be trying to show the standard WooCommerce template, with the_content rendering the custom layout I made for the page, then showing everything correctly below it.

This began appearing when I stopped using the Toolset Starter theme. I essentially don't want to use a theme beyond what I create in Toolset, so I followed this code here: hidden link which was created by one of your support staff.

I stepped through each function in the woocommerce/single-product.php template and everything on the page is appearing from a single the_ddlayout() call.

Hello,

Since it is a compatibility issue with custom theme, please provide a full copy of your website in below private message box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The share link folder is empty, please update here when your files are ready for downloarding.

You're quick, it should be there now

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

I seemed to find the issue with the problem displaying. It only started when I began using the new barebones theme. I needed to add the line of code

add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' );

I'm a little surprised at how simple the solution was, and that this even has to be explicitly declared, but that fixed the display errors. Thank you for your effort none-the-less.

As a side request, I think that Toolset should reconsider officially supporting a barebones starter theme for the Toolset plugins. The beauty and power of Toolset is to design custom websites without a theme, so it feels a little self defeating to recommend themes to start with.

Thanks for sharing the solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.