Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce Views Product Template and Product Archive Template Overrride

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to create a custom woocommerce php template for his site.

Solution:

I believe for this to work, you will need to create the template file within your theme directory. Create a woocommerce folder and then add your template files within that folder.

For more information on custom templates you can take a look at this link below.
https://www.sitepoint.com/customize-woocommerce-product-pages/

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sammut 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am attempting to create a new PHP file for the Product Template and Product Archive Template.

A created a new directory and files as follows:

/flinka/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-views/templates/archive-product.php

/flinka/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-views/templates/single-product.php

However, I cannot seem to override the files. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Sammut,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I believe for this to work, you will need to create the template file within your theme directory. Create a woocommerce folder and then add your template files within that folder.

For more information on custom templates you can take a look at this link below.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you. I have already gone that route. I have tried many iterations to no avail. I have extended the templates in other projects, however, it not working in this case

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Sammut,

I can get some more information on this for you from our team, however is there a reason why you're creating this custom template instead of using the one provided by our plugin ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

There appeared to be a function conflict. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.