Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce Views – In cart filter?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-11 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author

So i was wondering.. i have a possibility to Query filter by "On sale" "In stock" and "Price" .. How comes you didnt make 1 for "In cart" ? it's pretty usefull when you are making a ecommerce..

Further more, how do i create a "Other clients who bought this, also bought:" ?

Thanks

further more.. most standard WooCommerce fields arent even included in WooCommerce views..
Creating a single-product template, i cannot include the product SKU, TITLE, DESCRIPTION etc..

If you ask me, that is some of the most important things to include in such a plugin..
This plugin doesnt really fit the needs to create a eCommerce .. its really lacky at many points..

WP-Types claims that you can build websites all codefree, but that is absolutely not true..

Please tell me how to include SKU, description, title (i just went with [wpv-post-title]) and if its not included in the plugin, please consider including it!..

When is the beta releasing?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (įŽ€äŊ“中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

1) Q: In cart filter
It is possible with Views filter hook wpv_filter_query,

Woocommerce is using PHP Cookies to store the in cart product information, you can try retrieve the products IDs from the Cookies the pass it to your View using wpv_filter_query

More help:
wpv_filter_query
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-filters/wpv_filter_query/

2) how to include SKU, description, title

For SKU field, it is using field slug "_sku", which is a hidden field, you can display it with Views shortcode wpv-post-field, like this:
[wpv-post-field name=??_sku??]

For description and title, you will need install Views plugin and try the shortcode:
[wpv-post-title]
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-title

[wpv-post-excerpt]
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-excerpt

Hi Luoy.

Thanks for assisting me again 🙂

More help: thank you, but i cant seem to find out how to display those in the cart only..

2) Could you please include the SKU in WooCommerce views as a standard feature? It would be easier for future eCommerce's to be developed in case of forgetting this special shortcode.. Further more it's not mentioned anywhere i think.. I had to make a support request for this to know the shortcode - you should consider including it as a standard to WooCommerce Views.., i think all default WooCommerce fields should be a standard feature of WooCommerce Views - Consider this a feedback for your devs 🙂 ..
- BUT Thank you very much for the shortcode, just what i needed!

3) i already have Views installed but i can't see the default views field.. maybe its currupted because i can see all my views and they work, but i dont get the default views fields when i click the "Views" / "Fields" button in the HTML / Output editor in Views, OR in Content Template editor when i click the button..

Also, i would really like to know how to create the product page? not the single product, but the page with all products listed.. i tried chosing content template for products and product categories but they dont display?

Is it possible to create a custom product "archive" like the default page that comes with WooCommerce?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (įŽ€äŊ“中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

In-cart-filter.png

1) Q: In cart filter
Please try this:
a) You can create a view, see above sreenshot In-cart-filter.png
filter with:
Include only posts with IDs is set by the View shortcode attribute "ids" eg. [wpv-view name="view-name" ids="1"]

b) Add below codes in your theme/functions.php:

add_shortcode('in_cart', 'in_cart_func');
function in_cart_func($atts, $content){
	global $woocommerce;
	$in_cart = $woocommerce->cart->get_cart();
	$arr = array();
	foreach($in_cart as $k => $v){
		$arr[] = $v['product_id'];
	}
	return $res = implode(',', $arr);
}

It will be able to create a custom shortcode output products IDs as 123, 456,

c) Goto your WP admin side, Views-> Settings, in section "Third-party shortcode arguments", add above shortcode name "in_cart"

d) create a page place above view as below:
[wpv-view name="In cart filter" ids="[in_cart]"]

2) Q: Could you please include the SKU in WooCommerce views as a standard feature?
OK, I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it.

3) Q: i already have Views installed but i can't see the default views field
I can not duplicate same problem, Please try this:
a) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
b) enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

4) The woocommerce products list page is an archive page of post type "products", I suggest you try wordpress archive to custom it's customize it's layout
More help:
Customizing Archive Pages with WordPress Archives
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

And it would help other user find the answer if you create different thread for each question, thanks

1) Awesome, thanks alot.. eventhough i dont understand the code, im sure it works.

2) Thank you very much for taking client feedback.

3) It happened during a website moving, but i re-exported and re-imported the database and it worked.. the error was not on WP-Views end.

4) Thank you, i have created another thread for this topic, wher i ask the question again but with a solution and some other related question.