Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce Views Gives Error when Activated

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

When I try to activate the Woocommerce Views Plugin, I get the following error....

{"status":"error","batch_processing_output":"This method is deprecated."}

I have tried many different ways and even deactivated any Plugins that I thought might be conflicting, but it still appears.

I am using the TOOLSET Starter Child Theme. Seems like it might be the issue. Is it no longer supported?

NOTE: I am using a "non-registered" domain to build the site on. In order to get access to the site, you will need to edit your local PC hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc). I will need to provide you the details so that you can see the site and see my issue.

Hi, the Toolset Starter theme is officially deprecated. I just reproduced the same error on my local environment, so it does seem to be a compatibility issue with the latest version of WooCommerce Views. Let me escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for some additional investigation and see if there's anything we can do to help patch up existing sites running the Toolset Starter theme.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I guessed that it was something like that. It really would be great if WP-Types could continue the TOOLSET Starter Theme. I like using it and building my themes from scratch using it.

Any word on this? Without enabling the Toolset WooCommerce Views, I an unable to specify with templates to use for Product and Category archives (TOOLSET or WOOCOMMERCE).

Not sure what to do.

Hi, this issue has been escalated to our developers and I'm waiting for a final answer. So far the recommended solution is to choose a different theme, since the Toolset Starter Theme has been deprecated. However, I am waiting to see if there is a less invasive solution.

OK.

So maybe I am confused about the way LAYOUTS works. IO like to build complete sites from scratch. The starter theme was perfect because it was such a minimalist theme... but I didn't really use any of its layouts. I created my own custom layouts for everything.

If I were to export all of my LAYOUTS... and then switched themes ( to a different TOOLSET theme that allowed me to activate the Woocommerce Views Plugin without errors), wouldn't I simply be able to essentially delete the "default" layouts that the new theme came with and then import my custom layouts that I had previously exported... and I would be good to go?

Am I missing anything critical in this thinking?

Any updates on this? I just realized that I have several other Woocommerce Sites using the same plugins and theme and they all seem to work fine. Just trying to move forward.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ned,

Thank you for the patience, Christian is currently on vacation at the moment so I will be handling his tickets.

Could you try this workaround that our team provided.

In theme's functions.php line 523 change to

if ($version < '2.7.8') {
			// calcualte product fields to be used in parametric search
			$woo_views->ajax_process_wc_views_batchprocessing();
		}

Or, change /woocommerce-views/Class_WooCommerce_Views.php line 3191 to

if ( wp_get_theme()->get( 'Name' ) == 'Toolset Starter' ){
			return;
		}

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Well, your solutuions didn't really fix the issue... but then I changed it.

I used your first solution (becasue I didn't want to alter the plugin files)..

if ($version < '2.7.8') {
            // calcualte product fields to be used in parametric search
        }

But I noticed that it still wasn't working. I assumed that the conditrional statement must have resulted in TRUE and that it was using the $woo_views->ajax_process_wc_views_batchprocessing(); function.

So, I simply commented out the line

Now it works. What functionality is it going to affect?

=========================

Let me clarify.... I don't absolutely have to use the TOOLSET Starter theme. I use it becasue it allows me to build TOOLSET sites from scratch. I actually tried to go out and use some other "blank" themes like these...
1. hidden link
and
2. https://wordpress.org/themes/blankslate/

They worked a little bit.... although I had to make a chuild theme of each and do some adjustments of the child theme files. They worked but were still missing some Bootstrap libraries.

I just want t theme that does the following..
1) Loads Bootstrap CSS and other libraries
2) Allows me to build the site from scratch using LAYOUTS.

That's it.

Toolset Starter theme allowed me to do that. Now I don't know what to do from here forward with regards to a blank theme.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ned,

I would recommend moving away from the Toolset start theme. Layouts right now is at a point where it isn't fully integrated with any theme.

This I believe was a decision by management because the full integration which would include the menu and foot was causing too many issues, so right now only the content area can be customized.

For a good starter theme I would recommend the use of the Astra theme, which is compatible with the bootstrap library and allows the use of Layouts for the content area.

Thanks,
Shane

I guess i am not sure what you are saying. The whole point that I am trying to make is that I DON'T WANT ANY THEME TO INSERT ITEMS AUTOMATICALLY... including the header and footer (it seems that Astra and Divi and other themes will insert their own sections... against my will). I want to custom design EVERYTHING myself.

When I tried to use these themes..
1. hidden link
and
2. https://wordpress.org/themes/blankslate/

They worked pretty well... although I needed to modify their child themes and remove the <header> and <footer> areas so that I could rebuild it all in TOOLSET Layouts. They only thing they lacked was that they didn't load all of the BOOTSTRAp libraries.
I prefer to build EVERYTHING from scratch. All I need a theme to do is load the BOOTSTRAP libraries. It seems that all of these themes want to start inserting navigation menus and footer widgets automatically on their own.. and let the user add the "middle" content (as you suggested). I want to add EVERYTHING... so I need a completely stripped down theme. That is what I liked about the TOOLSET STARTER theme.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ned,

I was discussing this with the team and it seems there is a theme that was developed by one of our supporters on github.
hidden link

You can download it from the link above and try the theme to see if it works well for your case. Secondly if there are any issues arising with the theme it is recommended that you open an issue on Github as this theme isn't a part of our products.

Please try and let me know if this is able to help.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.