Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce Views doesn't display error message correctly under some situation.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'm testing WooCommerce site using Toolset plugins and
- Toolset WooCommerce Views
- WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Composite Products
- WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Here is item page.
hidden link

I explained in PDF. Please see it from here.
hidden link

My problem is "Toolset WooCommerce Views" doesn't give me an error message when it necessary.
Everything OK if I switch from "WooCommerce Views plugin default single product template" to "WooCommerce Plugin Default Template" in Product Template File section, but I don't want that. I want to use "WooCommerce Views plugin default single product template".

OK, I saw the issue on your site.

But we need to narrow this down to the logical steps happening, and that is difficult in the given setup, not only because we do not understand it but also because it's not yet clear what the conditions actually mean.

It seems to me that you require a Custom Field to be filled out during the purchase progress, but, I wonder how you do this.
Is Toolset involved in this?
I mean we do not modify the checkout progress or cart, we only customize the single product, the shop, the archives and in case you charge payment with a form, then the checkout messages from CRED (and actions with it)

Can you provide me with a step by step list of actions that are required so to provoke the error messages?

I assume, I create a product, style it with Toolset WooCommerce Views, and purchase it.
But then, on my local install, error messages are all displayed fine (the default WooCommerce error messages)

So there must be more to it.

Can you elaborate the exact steps I need to take with what plugins and setups?

I'm also using "WooCommerce Product Add-ons" from WooCommerce.
https://woocommerce.com/products/product-add-ons/

Combination of these three works OK.
- Toolset WooCommerce Views
- WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Composite Products

This is how I set up.

(1) Set up each component(e.g: with Pocket/without Pocket, with Regular collar/Wide collar etc).
(2) Set Item using "WooCommerce Composite Products" and "WooCommerce Product Add-ons".

In this setting, I can not get the error message when it needed.
hidden link

We do not declare compatibility with those Plugins.

We declare compatibility to display single Products, archives and shop of WooCommerce.

It may very well be that other plugins do not comply with the requirements here.

Toolset works with Post Types, and often WooCommerce (itself) and AddOns use uncanonical ways to add information to the posts, such as using taxonomies (but keeping the look and feel of a post field) or custom tables in the database, entirely inaccessible to Toolset.

Please provide me with the information as required here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-views-doesnt-display-error-message-correctly-under-some-situation/#post-619369

Or, a step by step instruction on how to see and replicate the issue on a copy of your site:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I will need to have a clear step by step list, using minimal actions, to replicate the issue with a minimal set of plugins and themes.
Then, I can start to figure out where is breaking what.

After, we can do one of 2 things:
- fix the issue on our end
- or, if this is not a BUG on our end, ask collaboration from those 3rd party software developers and work with them on solutions.

These are time consuming processes that we do mostly on our end, but I would need to have a starting point being the exact steps to replicate the problem, what is expected, and what happens instead, so I can show this to the developers after.

It must be locally replicable, otherwise, it will be very difficult to reach a solution since we would not know what to look for exactly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.