Skip Navigation

[Resolved] woocommerce sorting does not work with wordpress archive

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When I use WooCommerce and Views Archives for the shop, the WooCommerce Sort feature is not working anymore.

Solution:
This has been considered as something to do in the future.
(after Views 2.2)

We will discuss how to implement this, also because Views will provide a SortBy (front end) in a farer future, we need to be careful so to not produce more problems.

By now, you can either keep it that way or remove the WooCommerce sort by with Custom Code:
https://speakinginbytes.com/2016/05/customize-woocommerce-sorting-dropdown/#more-2016

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by koenA 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 13.53.52.png

I am trying to: let the visitor sort the custom toolset wordpress archive on my woocommerce page

I visited this URL: local install, latest wordpress, latest toolset plugins, StoreFront theme

I expected to see: the sort button would just work

Instead, I got: the sort button does nothing. I'm not 100% sure the sort button comes from woocommerce directly or that it is added by Toolset. My experience with Toolset is just a few hours of trying things out.

Yes, I confirm.
The Views backend Order by setting does win the race against the WooCommerce Front End Sorting.

I am querying with the Views developer if we plan to adjust this on Views Archives.

For now, you can either Remove the Front end Sort by of WooCommerce programmatically, and use the Views order by, or not use the Views Archive if you want to keep using the Sort by of WooCommerce.
hidden link

This has been considered as something to do in the future.

We will discuss how to implement this, also because Views will provide a SortBy (front end) in a farer future, we need to be careful so to not produce more problems.

By now, my last reply is the only what you can do (use either Views or WooCommerce but not both to sort by)

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Beda. So now I know it's not a bug and I'm not doing something wrong 🙂
Will go on trying everything out.
Koen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.