Skip Navigation

[Closed] WooCommerce single product template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a template for single products

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes the WooCommerce Blocks tutorial here

Is there a similar example that we can see?
N/A

What is the link to your site?
This link only display the details of the product
hidden link
This is the link from the editing of the single-product template - which has the ?content-template-id=15949 on the end
hidden link
Which shows the correct version that I am in the middle of working on!

I have ticked the setting in Toolset >> WooCommerce Blocks for " WooCommerce Views plugin default single product template Show template"

Also I notice the links have /products/product/ why would it have products twice ?
Thanks, Dave

Just some further info on the /products/product/ question.
The setting in permalinks for products is set to:
/products/%product_cat%/

Thanks, Dave

Also I notice the links have /products/product/ why would it have products twice ?
WooCommerce Products have the /products directory added by default, so the only reason I would expect to see /products/products here is if the site URL is configured with /products/ already in it. Check your site URLs in wp-admin > Settings > General. What do you have here for Site Address and WordPress Address? Is /products included here mistakenly? When I click the main icon in the top-left corner of your site I'm directed to this URL:
hidden link

Normally I would expect to be directed to the main directory, but this URL is not showing the homepage of the site:
hidden link

I suspect it could be because your site's URLs are configured with the products directory path already in the URLs. If so, change those URLs to hidden link and resave your site's permalink structure in wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks.

Hello Christian,
Thanks so much for getting back...
Firstly apologies for the /products/ remark, that was a brain fade, I completely forgot this development site was in the folder /products/ This is not my main development site for this customer, I made this new one to test Toolset.

Secondly I deactivated the Toolset plugins to try out using Beaver Builders Themer plugin to see if I could make that work for me.

So I guess my only question is about the single products not using the template.
I will switch back to the Toolset plugins today (morning here in Australia) and see if I can work out why and report back...
Once again, thanks for your help...
Regards, Dave

No problem, a second set of eyes usually helps 🙂 I'll stand by for your update later.

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce single product template’ is closed to new replies.