Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce product picture and vertical product carousel

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
qwart_product.jpg

Hi everyone !

I'm using Toolset to create specific layouts for a Woocommerce website (the shop is not open yet but here is the link : hidden link). I have troubles with the product page layout, more specifically with the product picture & carousel / slideshow (I attached the design to this post).

I followed this tutorial : hidden link, but I cannot reach the design wished by the client (like seen here : hidden link).
My 2 problems are that the product picture is not as big as it should be and I cannot get a vertical carousel.

I can tweak the css enough to get the thumbnails on the right side and vertically, but that does not solve the absence of carousel, and I cannot seem to solve the problem of the small picture.

Any help / advice would be great 🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Thomas

I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you much here.

If you turn off the Toolset plugins you'll see the standard rendering of products by WooCommerce.

What Toolset enables you to do is to re-arrange the pieces of the jigsaw, and add new pieces, but not replace the pieces.

The Views shortcode to insert the WooCommerce product image and thumbnails is simply a convenient way to insert the markup and other code created by WooCommerce where you want it, but it is still inserting what is created by WooCommerce.

If you can modify the standard WooCommerce product image and thumbnails UI to meet your needs then you would be able to apply the same technique to the image UI inserted in your Toolset custom product template—because it is the same thing.

But I don't have any advice about how to modify the WooCommerce UI to match your client's design I'm afraid.

Hi Nigel,

Toolset is such a complete and powerful plugin that I thought the solution to this problem was there, somewhere 🙂 ..
I'll try to look into the WooCommerce parameters then, and maybe to find a carousel plugin to do this thing.

Thanks anyway for your quick response !

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.