Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce product image gets cropped after few seconds

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
screenshot-tintorichmond.com-2017-12-13-18-57-54-680.png

I am trying to build a product template with WooCommerce. Each product with different colours and sizes;
I expected to see a regular product page with Image on left and all of the rest on left;
Instead, I got the image cropped no matter what WooCommerce product image output I select.

Basically, the page gets loaded and I can see the full image but after few seconds the image gets cropped in the middle, exactly replaced with a new cropped one.

Since I know the first thing you usually suggest is to try to update everything let me tell you that I already tried that even disabling the variations plugins and nothing changed. Now I had to downgrade the XTheme version cause if I update it to the last one there is a conflict with Toolset which removes header and footer (I'm just specifying it just in case you will ask to update).

Thank you in advance!

Dear Vito,

I just tried the credentials you provided, but get this error:
ERROR: Incorrect Username or Password
please check it, make sure it is valid, also point out the problem page URL, where I can see the problem:
the image cropped no matter what WooCommerce product image output I select.

Since you are using other plugins, in case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:
deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

Hi Luo,

Thank you for your help, you can now try again since the details are changed;
I already tried to disable plug-ins but nothing changed. I even tried to switch to another theme but still, the same issue.

If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
You can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk, and share the links in the private detail box.

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will feedback if there is anything found

The duplicator package you provided above includes only the database dump file, so I will not be able to see the problem:
after few seconds the image gets cropped in the middle, exactly replaced with a new cropped one.

In order to debug the problem, please the site files too, you can follow our document to setup the duplicator package, and update your own google drive disk, then update this thread.

Hi Luo,
Sorry about that.

I tried to use the duplicator but it didn't really work cause of timing out issues.
I'm edited the previous post updating the link to a new folder where I manually created a backup for you.

If you need anything else just let me know, you have all of the details for WP and FTP, find them in the first post of the thread.
Please don't hesitate to log-in both sides and test everything you need to, everything is backed up.

Many Thanks,
Vito

Thanks for the details, I can download the files, will feedback if there is anything found

product-image.JPG

Thanks for the details, I assume we are talking about the content template "Products", and the shortcode in it:

[wpv-woo-product-image size="entry" gallery_on_listings="yes" enable_third_party_filters="yes"]

hidden link

I just tried these in my localhost:
1) Create a content template, use same codes as the content template "Products" of your website
2) Download the image from your website:
hidden link
3) Create a new product, upload above image as the feature image, test the product in front-end, the image works fine, see screenshot: product-image.JPG

So it should be a compatibility problem of your website, I suggest you try these:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme
2) create a new product post and upload the images, and test again, try to locate the problem plugin/theme
If you need more assistance for it, please backup your website, I need to deactivate plugins and switch theme in your website.

Hi Luo,

Actually I can see that the image you're displaying is not showing the others images on top right, the gallery basically.
Could you please try to display it as well? I believe that's the mode that gave me the issue.

Many Thanks,
Vito

polo-neck-dress2.JPG
Variable-product2.JPG
Variable-product.JPG

OK, as your request, I have tried to setup the product as an "Variable product", with two Variables:
Black and white, test it in front-end, it works fine, see screenshot: Variable-product2.JPG and Variable-product.JPG

And there isn't "others images on top right" in the screenshots, so it should outputted from other plugins.

Then I checked it in your website by these:
1) Deactivate plugin "WooCommerce Views"
2) Edit the product post "Polo Neck Dress":
hidden link
In content template section , choose option "none"
It will not use shortcode [wpv-woo-product-image] to output the product images,
test it in the front-end, the problem still persists, see screenshot polo-neck-dress.JPG

So the problem persists even without "WooCommerce Views" plugin, you can try to deactivate all Toolset plugins in your website, the problem persists, so it is related with Toolset plugin "WooCommerce Views", it should be a problem of other plugins in your website, please try to locate it.

screenshot-tintorichmond.com-2017-12-21-19-38-46-849.png

Hi Luo,
First of all, thank you for helping me.

I tried few combinations and I found out that:

The following shortcode is never working, even deactivating all of the plugins:
[wpv-woo-product-image size="full" gallery_on_listings="yes" enable_third_party_filters="yes"]

The following shortcode is working but of course is not showing the variations images, then when I activate the
WooCommerce Additional Variation Images plugin what It gets into the image with the gallery generate by the shortcode I posted above, cut in the middle... like always (screenshot attached).
[wpv-woo-product-image]

Looking forward to getting your help, thank you.

So it is a problem of the "WooCommerce Additional Variation Images" plugin, which cuts the images in the middle, and the problem is out the range of Toolset support, please ask help from the plugin author of "WooCommerce Additional Variation Images".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.