Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce paypal checkout not working with Toolset Views activated

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 4.44.16 PM.png

When I test our Paypal checkout, it takes you to a screen on our site that says "Checkout". It does not take you to the PayPal checkout screen. hen Toolset Views is deactivated, the problem goes away. This problem did not exist a few weeks ago.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this checkout process is set up? Please also share the link to a page from where this checkout process starts.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your checkout page ( yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=7&action=edit ) is set to use "Template for Pages" content template.
( screenshot: hidden link )

And since that content template is blank ( yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ct-editor&ct_id=12638&action=edit ), nothing is showing on the checkout page too.

To view the checkout form, you can either set the "Content Template" field for this page to "None" or include the "[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]" in that content template, and the form will show through the already added "[woocommerce_checkout]" shortcode.

You'll find more information on content templates and the "wpv-post-body" shortcode, at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-templates-to-display-custom-posts/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.45.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.45.33 AM.png

changing the content template to none didn't resolve the issue.
Inserting the shortcode [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] didn't either.
Please advise, thanks.

support at WP Engine tried your fix and had the same problems. Please advise today if possible. I'd like to fix this ASAP since we need holiday shoppers to be able to check out.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

When I tested the checkout process on your website, the checkout page itself was blank and it was not showing the checkout form.
( same as shown in your first screenshot )

This is why, I shared information about why it wasn't showing and how to make it appear, which I understand is fixed now.

The admin login info no longer seems to work, but in case you're still having any difficulty with the checkout process related to any Toolset plugin, you're welcome to restore the admin access and share further details about the issue and I'll investigate accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.