Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce customer accounts AND author accounts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joe H. 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

In an Air-BNB type of a website, there are 2 populations of users who create accounts: Rentors and Rentees. There are those who create an account to list their property (Rentors) and there are customers who create an account to rent a property (Rentees).

On my Gift Catalog site I have a similar situation: Families create an account to list themselves. I am using their Toolset form submission to create new Woocommerce Products (each Family is a single woocommerce 'product' in the Gift Catalog with a donation amount based on the size of the family) .

"Sponsors" are Customers who "shop" the site by selecting one or more Family to 'sponsor' for Christmas (ie to buy Christmas gifts for their children). Sponsors add Families to their cart and make a donation upon checkout (or commit to purchasing gifts themselves).

Is it better for both Families and Sponsors to use the same woocommerce My Account pages, or to try and keep them separate, letting the Sponsors register as woocommerce customers and then providing via Toolset a separate set of My Account pages/subpages for the Families?

For the Families, they need to be able to log in and see their for m submission (i.e. "My Family").
The Sponsors (customers) already have the native woocommerce dashboard with Orders, Account Details, etc.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course/custom-woocommerce-sites/
https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/
These guides cover parts of what I am trying to do, but my site is a combination of both.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
AirBNB?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would suggest separating my account page for both types of users/members. Note that Toolset does not customize the WooCommerce my-account page, so, you might want to keep using it for Sponsors, or create a complete page with Toolset.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 12.19.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 12.17.53 PM.png

Thank you, that was helpful.

I have a different question, but same web site. Not sure if its better to ask here or open a new ticket. I'll ask here and you can decide:

On this page I have a View that on the back end (Block editor) renders correctly but on the front end "?"s are getting inserted into the text, before and after dynamic fields. I've attached a screenshot. I dont know why this is happening or how to fix.

hidden link

You'll likely need to create an account or use one of my dummies to view this page

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/question-marks-appearing-on-the-frontend/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Joe, I am really glad, I could help.

However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. So, I created another ticket for your last question and I'll be posting my reply there.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.