Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce Checkout displaying incorrectly since update…

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When Bootstrap 4 is active, there is a display issue on the WooCommerce checkout screen. The two columns of content are shrunk horizontally.

Solution: For a temporary fix, use the following CSS code:

.woocommerce-checkout .col-1, .woocommerce-checkout .col-2 {
  max-width: inherit;
}
.woocommerce-input-wrapper {
  width:100%;
}

This will resize the content columns and input fields as a temporary solution.

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andrewD-10 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
col-1.png
checkout.png

Hello

This appears to be a WooCommerce and Bootstrap 4.x issue so might not be able to be solved here - but is definitely relevant to Toolset developed sites!

I recently update to the latest version of WooCommerce and I have Bootstrap 4.x (4.3.1) being loaded by Toolset. At some point, however, the Checkout page started displaying incorrectly.

It appears to be a conflict with both WooCommerce and Bootstrap 4.x BOTH using the classes col-1 and col-2.

See screenshot... The two Billing/Address columns are all mucked up. See also the screenshot of the CSS being loaded!

Note: The Checkout displays correctly with Bootstrap 3.x.

Thanks

Gavin

P.S. I am on to WooCommerce support about this issue too.

The issue has been raised with WooCommerce here:

hidden link

Thanks for the report, I'm able to replicate this issue on my own local environment. It looks like this CSS will solve the problem locally:

.woocommerce-checkout .col-1, .woocommerce-checkout .col-2 {
	max-width: inherit;
}

I added that in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS, and the problem seems to be fixed. Let me know if this temporary fix doesn't work and I can take a closer look.

Thanks Christian...

Your CSS and also this to format the input fields:

.woocommerce-input-wrapper {
width:100%;
}

Have fixed with the CSS above and added a comment to the WooCommerce support on GitHub to that effect.

For future reference our developers have determined this is an issue that should be resolved between WC and Bootstrap. There's nothing for us to do here.

Hi Christian,

Thank you very much for your css coding. It worked for me as well. One other area I noticed was on the my-account/edit-address. Is there any way you can provide the css code to fix here as well?

Link: hidden link

Thank you,
Andrew

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.