Skip Navigation

[Resolved] woocommerce bookings

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is using the Woocommerce booking calendars but the calendar is showing on their custom product page.

Solution:

I'm assuming that the booking plugin automatically hooks into the default woocommerce template. Since we are using a custom template then it may not work here.

If the booking plugin provide a shortcode that you can use to manually load the calendar then you should be able to add it to your custom template.

What you can try if you have not already done so is to contact the booking plugin support theme and check to see if there is an alternate method to loading the calendar. If there is then we should be able to use this and load the calendar into your custom template.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Fatima Barbosa 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to display the booking calendar on the front-end

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/creating-a-custom-single-product-page-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I'm probably missing something really simple.
The instructions on the documentation are
1 - Insert Column(s)
2- Insert a new module.
3- Locate the Text module and click on it.
4- Click the Fields and Views button.

All simple, all good but I can't seem to find the find that calls to the booking calendar... is there any particular shortcode I can use? I already checked for answers on Toolset, Divi and Woocommerce documentation. I fell like I going around in circles. If I change to native woocommerce template the calendar is there, but I lose all of my custom info.

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I'm assuming that the booking plugin automatically hooks into the default woocommerce template. Since we are using a custom template then it may not work here.

If the booking plugin provide a shortcode that you can use to manually load the calendar then you should be able to add it to your custom template.

What you can try if you have not already done so is to contact the booking plugin support theme and check to see if there is an alternate method to loading the calendar. If there is then we should be able to use this and load the calendar into your custom template.

Could you let me know some more information on the Booking Calendar ?

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I am still waiting on woocommerce bookings!

Hello Shane.
So I got a word from woocommerce and woocommerce bookings cannot be displayed with a shortcode. I am looking into a couple of options I would like to know if you have experience with some of these plugins and if toolset could maybe recommend something.

This is a list of the plugins I am considering:

hidden link

hidden link ( this one is kind of expensive! I would like to really know it works before acquiring something like that)

I also found this article but it looks like something out of my league...

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/booking-reservation-system/

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.