Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce archive list breaks the site after update

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have multiple custom posts and views in this site. I'm not sure which update caused the following problem, everything is latest version anyway now. So, after update the other views are ok, but customized WooCommerce product archive pages break the header of the site pretty completely. Somehow the row and column grids are damaged.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From looking into the styles loaded on the products archive page ( hidden link ), I noticed that the styles needed for the header elements to show correctly are included in the theme's file:
hidden link

But on this products archive page, that CSS file is not being loaded and instead, a different file is replacing it:
hidden link

This change in the loaded CSS files results in the header's current appearance on that page.

To troubleshoot, I'll recommend to make a complete backup copy of the website and then test the products archive page again, with all non-Toolset plugins disabled (other than WooCommerce). To rule out any code conflict from the child theme, you can also temporarily set the parent theme Divi as the active theme.

If the issue is fixed, you can start adding the removed elements back, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflict.

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share a clone/snapshot of your website, for further troubleshooting:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know how it goes and your next reply will be private.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar and thank you. Disabling the plugins didn't help. I couldn't at this moment disable all the plugins since it's a public website, but one by one I disable almost all and no help. Also changing to Divi didn't help. But as a workaround I now added into head this
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="hidden link">
and it helps for now.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for the update and yes as a quick fix, manually including the required CSS file from the theme should work.

But to learn how the Divi theme manages and loads these CSS files, I'll recommend getting in touch with its official support team, so that this can be avoided in the future.

If it turns out that this is related to any feature from our Toolset plugins, you're welcome to let us know for further investigation.

Note: We have an official guide on using Divi and Toolset together at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.