Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce add-ons seem to conflict with checkout

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

We have run into a checkout problem on our Woocommerce installation on two different sites that are using the Toolset Woocommerce plugins--one with the Woocommerce Views plugin and one with the Woocommerce forms plugin.

When you go to check out and submit your payment, instead of processing the payment it scrolls up to the top of the checkout page as if there was a field improperly filled out. The system is generating a Woocommerce error message, but with no error content.

If I disable the Toolset Woocommerce Views plugin, the error goes away. On the site with the Woocommerce forms plugin, the issue seems to go away if we tweak the plugin settings, but we can't really figure out what pattern makes it go away.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Not sure how the Toolset Woocommerce plugin affects the checkout page since our Plugin doesn't access the page at all.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with a copy of the Woocommerce forms plugin ?

Perhaps you can also let me know what settings you tweaked to resolve this.

Thanks,
Shane

screencapture-fredericksburg-today-wp-admin-post-php-2019-10-02-13_24_36 copy.jpg

Hi Shane,

Vicky here with Rambletype, I work with Chris. I have recorded a video of the issue we are having. Check it out here:

hidden link

Here's the issue:

I have created a toolset post form using the toolset commerce add on to make a home/real estate advertisement listing on our website. The form is linked to a woocommerce product so the user must pay after filling out the form for the listing to be published.

The issue happens at checkout, after clicking "Place Order." Once at the checkout page, a couple of errors happen:

First, I cannot add a coupon code when I select in the form setting to go straight to the checkout (instead of the cart) - in the video I try clicking 'do you have a coupon code?' link and it does not expand the section. This is not a big concern to me however because we're not going to issue coupon codes to buyers anyway, but for testing purposes this was an issue.

The biggest concern is what happens after I click place order. It loads for a few seconds but then scrolls the page to the top, highlights all the boxes in green and there is an error bar with no message inside it. The order does go through, but on the front end it appears that there was an error. The contents also stays in the cart and acts like an order was never placed.

I have tried changing several settings in the form setup. Sometimes changing a setting fixes it temporarily, but since this has been an issue for us since we started using the toolset commerce add on, I have been testing it daily and it usually is broken again by the next time I try.

Some settings I have changed - on separate occasions - that temporarily fixed the place order issue (meaning, after I made this setting change, the order was placed page loads after clicking place order.) BUT once it breaks again, changing these settings does not fix it...

1. "Set the post author when payment completes" changed to "Leave the post author unchanged after payment completes"

2. "Checkout process" to "Clear the cart and include only the selected product"

3. "After visitors submit this form:" to "Go to checkout page"

I have attached a screenshot of the current settings. Today the error came back after adding an email notification to the form. I have deleted the notification because I thought it was a change that causing the issue to return, but even after removing it, it continues to not work/throw the 'error.'

I would also like to add that we have experienced this scrolling issue on sites that do not have Toolset Commerce add on but instead the WooCommerce views add on. The site I am referring to you about today does not have WooCommerce Views. And the other site's we have experienced it on does not have Toolset Commerce.

More detail!

So it's definitely a conflict between the Toolset Woocommerce CRED module (cred-commerce) and our Divi theme.

It's throwing the following error on Divi:
Stack trace:
#0 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/feature/woocommerce-modules.php(760): et_builder_has_woocommerce_module('[et_pb_section ...')
#1 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/feature/woocommerce-modules.php(851): et_builder_wc_is_non_product_post_type()
#2 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): et_builder_wc_add_inner_content_class(Array)
#3 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
#4 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/core.php(5246): apply_filters('et_builder_inne...', Array)
#5 /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/cod in /srv/bindings/d47791d833ca46a8ba7bbb85fce3f979/code/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/feature/woocommerce-modules.php on line 732

If I comment out line #21 from CRED_Woocommerce.php:

add_action( 'woocommerce_new_order', array( &$this, 'onNewOrder' ), 100, 1 );

The system then works fine. That hook appears to be interrupting the theme's load.

If I add this to my functions.php, it overrides that hook and allows us to work:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_new_order', '', 100, 1 );

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Given that you've identified this conflict.

Are you currently using the CRED Commerce plugin for anything ?

Would you mind providing me with an exact copy of the site to test here locally?

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please follow the instructions above to provide the copy of the site.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm having trouble making a duplicator copy because the site's pretty big--18 gigs or more. But I've spun up a development copy of the site you can use. I'll need to send you login info privately, but I can't do it while the ticket system is trying to collect a duplicator URL

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for the patience.

Could you try this for me if possible.

Could you temporarily swap the theme to a default wordpress theme and try again. I'm currently working on an issue with the Latest divi version and woocommerce views and this one seems to be related.

Please let me know the results when you switch the theme temporarily.

Thanks,
Shane

It works with the default theme. Definitely Divi / Toolset Commerce related

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I've escalated this one to the parent ticket for our team to have a look at as well.

Should I require anymore information on this I will let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christopher

Just an update on this one.

We are currently experiencing quite a few compatibility issues with Divi at the moment, especially divi 4 .

You can check our blog post below for further information on this.
https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/

Our team is working to cooperate with the Divi team in order to get this one resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for the continued patience.

I've gotten information that this issue has been fixed and I would advise that you update all the toolset plugins as well as divi.

If the issue still remains after please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.