Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce Views filter by product_type

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

Hi guys,

fighting against some woocommerce restrictions.
As far as I see scrubbling the database different product types are defined by a custom taxonomy named product_type.

When I try to setup a view to list only bundled products (I bought the product bundles plugin that adds this kind of product to the taxonomy) I cannot select it.
I even tried to deactivate woocommerce and create a custom taxonomy with types but have no luck with this.

Any help would be appreciated
Best regards
Carlo

PS: I find that product bundles also have a hidden custom field named _bundled_ids which has serialized data listing the id of every product bundled. I tried to add a filter to my view using this custom field and filtering my views for items with _bundled_ids != by empty value (costant, char) but it doesn't work.

Dear Carloalberto,

I need to check if there is some compatibility problem between Views and Product Bundles, can you send me a copy of this plugin? My email is adriano.f@onthegosystems.com please put the URL of this ticket in the subject's email.

Email sent. thanks
Actually I think it's not a matter of uncompatibility since the product_type is not a feature built with bundles but is about woocommerce itself.
The bundles plugin simply adds a term to a preexistent taxonomy.

Dear Carloalberto,

You can filter by this Woo custom field "_bundled_ids", but first you need to go to Views > Settings, there is a section called "Hidden custom fields", choose the "_bundled_ids" item and try to filter again.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Hi Adriano,

I added this custom field and set the filter for _bundled_ids != by empty value (costant, char) but it's not working.
I found that _bundled_ids is a serialized array maybe this can help with the settings of the filter but I don't know how.

Hope you can help.
Thanks
Carlo

Hi Adriano,

actually I think I was doing something wrong. Now it seems to work.
Thank you!

Best regards
Carlo

You are welcome.