Skip Navigation

[Resolved] With Firefox I can't edit the content of form fields

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

With Firefox I can't edit the content of form fields, content not showing. While with Chrome it all works perfectly.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

During further investigation, I discovered that the issue related to the editing of content in the WYSIWYG field and Firefox has been reported to the concerned team, already.

I don't have a time estimate to share at this time, but, I'll keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Firefoxe issue 4.JPG
Firefoxe issue 3.JPG

still having this issue with firefox browser. I figured out that in mode "Visual" it shows CSS aria hidden "true".
this is definitively an issue by firefox. and it's annoying. can't edit anymore.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

As mentioned in the previous reply, this issue is already highlighted and I'll let you once this gets resolved.

For now, the workaround can be to either use a browser like Chrome or keep the "Text" tab selected, which editing in Firefox.

Waqar
Supporter

Just a quick update that there is an open issue in WordPress core related to this: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52133

We expect this issue must be resolved before the Visual tab is working correctly, and I'll let you know as I receive more information about this problem.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest release of WordPress (5.8).

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.