Skip Navigation

[Closed] Will the search function also search the tags field?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

If i add tags to my posts will the search function look at these and return relevant results?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not sure yet what search you are talking about.

Do you want to add tags as a frontend filter where you can select the tag and based on the selected tag it should display the associated results or you are talking about the Text search, so when you input a keyword for text search it should search the post where search keyword is part of tag name?

In wordpress you can add tags to a post.... i would usually tag a post with keywords to aid searching and i believe seo.

If i tag a business listing in my directory with say the word Buckingham and then search in the directory for the word Buckingham will it pick up the listing based on the tag?

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean you want to use default search of wordpress or you want to uses the views?

If you use default wordpress search then there is a plugin relevanssi that you can install and configure to search within your tags.
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/relevanssi/

Toolset Text search also has integration with relevanssi:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/searching-texts-custom-fields-views-relevanssi/

So i would like either the wordpress search or if someone was on the business directory page - hidden link and using the search box for them to be able to put in butcher and if that was in the wordpress tag field it display. I need to stop using the main content to search as too many bad results appearing.

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean that if user try to use text search on the following page:
=> hidden link

It should search in only post Title or tags?

The topic ‘[Closed] Will the search function also search the tags field?’ is closed to new replies.