Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Width of the blocks in Gutenberg

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
blockwidth.png

Hi,
How can I make this block take the entire width of the page?
hidden link
Look at the screenshot.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francisco,

Unfortunately, no this is not possible to do with our Blocks plugin.

Currently you're not able to extend the width of block beyond the width of the content container.

Thanks,
Shane

Uffff ... well, this is a serious limitation.
You should incorporate some mechanism to do this.
If you want Toolset Block to be your system to make pages and posts you will have to implement this mechanism.
Regards,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for the suggestion.

As we are moving in this direction with the gutenburg editor it would be greatly appreciated if you opened this one as a feature request.

To do this I would recommend filling out the form below and describe the feature.
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

This will go directly to the team responsible for handling the feature requests.

It will greatly help if the developers extended our container block so that it is able to break out of the theme's container div.

However one work around is possible, if your theme supports a full width layout, then what you can do is set the page to full width and then add a container block and set a fixed width for this container for your other content.

So what ends up happening is that your image block will be full width but your actual content would be in a fixed width container.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I have already sent the suggestions.
No. My theme is DIVI.
DIVI allows different page widths for pages built with DIVI, but not for pages built with Gutenberg.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 9.32.43 AM.png

Hi Francisco,

Given that the them you are using is Divi, I would recommend using the Divi builder to build your page and then add the view to that page using our Views Shortcode.

The only disadvantage to this is that you will need to use the classic builder for you Blocks plugin, which can be enabled by going to Toolset -> Settings , Scroll to "Editing experience" and enable "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build".

Secondly what you can do is to create a content template for the page and set it to full width in the divi settings for that content template.

Then you can use the block editor on this content template to achieve something similar because of the container block that we have, you can set a fixed width for that container and anything within that container will be a boxed layout and anything outside will be full width.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
For this particular case it might be possible, however, for other things it would not be possible, for example archive pages and other similar pages.
Thanks,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

In the other cases then you would need to use the Divi builder to build out the archive and just load the elements you want from toolset using our Toolset shortcode for views.

This should also produce your desired results as well.

So there are some limitations here that we can try to workaround.

Thanks,
Shane

Uffff Shane.... I'm finding a lot of problems. 🙁
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Are these other issues related to this exact thread?

If so you can let me know what these issues are.

Whenever the issue is different from the original issue of the thread we always recommend that a new thread be opened so that it can be tracked separately.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Yes, I have other unsolved threads created.
Regarding the solution that you have given me, it would surely not work to use DIVI for the archive pages, since Toolset has problems with the editing buttons of new types to call forms of Toolset Forms, I was with Waqar a long time with all kinds of problems In this style and in the end to make it work we had to use Toolset pages and not use DIVI.
Thanks Shane.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Could you provide a little more details on this ?
"Toolset has problems with the editing buttons of new types to call forms of Toolset Forms"

Is it that you can't click the edit button when divi is active to edit our forms ?

A little further detail is needed.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Where you have the edit form in content template, could you try removing the divi builder from it and just add the shortcode itself to the content template?

Also I know that with the divi theme builder customers have been having issues and this is because divi made changes to the post variable that is currently breaking alot of shortcodes.

So try doing this and let me know. Secondly if you create a content template for your post without divi and add the edit link for the form does it work?

From the video i see that it doesn't work when it is in the divi theme builder.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.