Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Why the proper set and saved default value from Toolset single line custom field is not accessible from Elementor dynamic tag?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

In your website, there are some existed posts,
1) Create a single line field with default value settings
2) You are going to display the default field value in those existed posts.

Solution:

You will need to edit those existed posts, update them and test again.

Update those existed posts will save the field value into database, so you can display field values in front-end(accessible from Elementor dynamic tag or other plugins).

Relevant Documentation:

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martenti 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

And there is even more:
1. Why the proper set and saved default value from Toolset single line custom field is not accessible from Elementor dynamic tag? In this case the default value (and also your proposed workaround) is simply useless. This is also very strange, but it may be on the Elementor side.

Please do not try to find out the other ‘code based, toolset hacking solution’ for above problems. Please forward this ticket directly to Toolset code developers – and hey guys, please simply call the standard wp color picker in every toolset custom field. I assume this is a simpler approach. And finally, maybe I don’t understand something, or I am quite wrong in what I’m trying to archive, so then please explain me. I can live without these features, it can be done in different way, with other plugins, but I did not expected it would be impossible with Toolset.

Anyway, Toolset is of course a wonderful plugin/system and it working great in most of the contexts you show! Thanks for this.

Best Regards, stay safe,
Eryk

Hello,

I assume we are talking about this case:
1)In your website, there are some existed posts,
2) Create a single line field with default value settings
3) You are going to display the default field value in those existed posts.

If it is, you will need to edit those existed posts, update them and test again.

Update those existed posts will save the field value into database, so you can display field values in front-end(accessible from Elementor dynamic tag or other plugins).

Ok, thx, after updating the page/post and clearing the cache of WP and also the browser cache it works - default values are appearing. Clearing the cache seems to be most important, because I changed default values multiple times, but updating the page/post is also needed.
Let's close it 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.