Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Why is there no Divi Footer integration?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 12.23.17.png

I am trying to:
Show to Divi footer as defined in Divi settings

Instead, I got:
An unformatted footer with dummy text.

Why don't you have a predefined Divi footer section in Layouts? On your integration guide, you say that "The Divi integration doesn’t offer a dedicated “Footer” cell, because there’s no need for one."

Of course I need one! I want to show the footer as I have defined in the Divi settings. And also I would of course show the same footer on every page on my site.

Using Layouts on some pages, the footer is gone.

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Let me double check your question and make sure this is the case or not. I will respond shortly with feedback.

Tia

Hello, Johnny. I am going to escalate this ticket to a developer who can better work with you on this request. Please standby and give him time to respond. Thank you.

Hi Tia,

Okey, thanks. For now, I have manually created the footer to like the same as Div's. But it still doesn't let me use Divi settings like on other pages.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Johnny

This is Juan, Toolset team leader. Thanks for the feedback and the patience.

I just talked with our developer in charge of the theme integrations, and you are right: we are not offering support for the Divi footer settings at this moment. It seems that in the past the Divi footer itself had no hard settings, so it could be kind of cloned by using a native Layouts row. But on a recent update they brough some settings for it, on the Customizer I think, and we did not update our layer to support it.

We are creating a feature request for this in our internal tracking system, and we will be adding it to a future release of the theme integration. I can not state how long this will take, since it will need some investigation and decisions on the best way to include this, but at least it is already in our queue.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Hey Juan,

Thanks for the follow-up. So yes, I see. Then I hope this will be something you will prioritize in the future now. Because Divi is growing and like me, I use it for all my client sites now.

For now, I just coded the footer to look the same on pages using WPT layouts. Looks okey but doesn't really have any functionality.

Have a good weekend.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Johnny

Thaks for the understanding.

Yes, we know that not only Divi, but other themes that we offer integration layers for, are growing, and fast. Because of that, we rearranged our internal team to better keep in sync with their progress. So the efects of those changes will start to get to you shortly, we hope.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.