Skip Navigation

[Resolved] White Screen

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

Dear Sirs

I'm having difficulty loading my website... I'm just getting a white screen. I'm not too technically minded which is why I chose Toolset to develop my site..

Please could you have a look..I have granted full access below

I'm really desperate for help now!

Best wishes
Geoff

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Geoff

I tried logging in to the site but the password you provided is wrong, let me set up a private reply so you can try again.

I tested the FTP credentials which work, and I edited your wp-config.php file to turn on the debug log, which may be needed to track down any issues.

Are you able to access the back end to update my user credentials etc?

Nigel
Supporter

Geoff

Do you have a staging site, or backups?

With FTP I renamed your plugins folder to disable all of your plugins as well as renaming your theme folders and installing twentynineteen to disable the current theme. (Normally a fatal error that prevents a site loading at all would come from an error in the theme or some plugin; deactivating them would allow us to regain access to the site to begin trying to debug the issue.)

However, the site is still completely inaccessible.

If you have a backup available, I suggest you revert to it.

If not you should contact your host, they may have backups available and in any case will be best placed to help you regain access to your site.

So you know what I did:

I renamed the current plugins folder to __plugins and added a new empty plugins folder.

I renamed the existing theme folders by adding double underscores, and I added twentynineteen.

I haven't done anything else.

Your hosting support are the people that should be helping you with this, because it doesn't look like a simple code conflict between plugins or something similar that I would normally be able to help you with.

Sorry there is not much more I can do.

Hi Nigel

I have a backup version of the site from 3 weeks ago..I can restore this fine but I have three weeks missing. The blank screen came when I was trying to restore the site from a backup last week...

If I restore the backup from 3 weeks ago would you be able to restore the newer versions if I sent you the files?

Best wishes

Geoff

Nigel
Supporter

Not really. I'm sorry, but there isn't anything obviously related to Toolset here, if you find an error originating with Toolset or occurring because of a conflict between Toolset and another plugin then I'll be happy to investigate to understand why and fix it, but I can't help you with your backups, we are not a hosting service.

If you contact your host you may find that they have a more recent backup, even if you are taking less frequent backups yourself they may have nightly backups.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.