Skip Navigation

[Resolved] While or after infinite scroll, my own Javascript function does not work more

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by christianS-8 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christian,

I was able to see this on my mobile after following your instructions. I like how the site is setup tho.

What I can do is to ask for further assistance on this to see how best how second tiers can assist.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your answer. Okay, for me is most Important, that Toolset Team will fix this Problem. This issue disturbs my Users very and because of that is for me also very important.

I hope, that this issue is not too complex.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Would you mind providing me with a duplicator package of the website ?

This will definitely help me to debug your site even further and provide more information for our 2nd tier supporters to work with.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please follow the link above to provide me with a duplicator package.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I've downloaded the backup.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I've got the duplicator package and the issue is also there.

Our 2nd tier supporters should be working to identify exactly what the issue here is.

Also please don't remove the duplicator package from your site as our 2nd tier supporters will be needing it as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

okay, Shane, Package will stay on my Website. Can I know, how long does it take, to fix this Problem?

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I'm not able to give an ETA on this but the ticket has been escalated for further debugging.

As soon as their is any information I will let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

Infinite Scroll Loading First Image from first Page.png

Hi Shane,

Show Attached Image
I cann't understand this Problem also:

1) If the third Chechbox is off, are only Images and Content of current Page loading. (This is good)
2) If the third Chechbox is on, then are Images and Content loading for current & next Page (This is also okay). But in this time is also loading a Image from the Last page. (this is not good) I have more as 200 Pages before last Page and this Image must not load so early.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Our 2nd tier supporters have taken a look at this and pulled up your code.

Which they indicated is causing the issue. They also mentioned that a review of the code is needed and posted this link hidden link

I'm not sure what else we can do here since the issue is being caused by the custom code and not our callback. We can only advise on what to do.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your answer.

1. Please change all Messages to Private, where are Links of my website or others.
2. Passive Event Listeners are only Problem on new Versions of Chrome, but our Problem is on all Browser same, therefore this must not be issue. I showed you first time on toolset test Site, with Cat Image fadeOut only, that Problem was, after or during Infinite Event fired. There was easier to see Problem of Infinite Scroll. In my Code is no Issue, while I have tested with other easy Codes and the Problem is the same.

Please show this File "/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/res/js/wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.2.2", I think there is some problem with Pagination and therefore have we issue on Front-end.
Please see:

line 1415: self.manage_browser_history( data_for_history );

I did Infinite Scroll simple example:
hidden link

I ) You can click any block and then this block will in 10 Seconds fadeout, In this time you can scroll down and will Infinite scroll start, if you see after this your clicked block, this will not stop to fadeout and after 10 Seconds will successfully disappear.

II ) Same thing with toolset Infinite scroll: if you click some block or item to fadeout(example 10sec) begins to fadeout, then you can scroll down and infinite Scroll loads new content, after this you can see your clicked block or Item => But FadeOut is Stopped. This Block or Item will never more Disappear. This ist issue.

Therefore is that my opened Overlay has after new Content load Deadlock effect.

I hope my examples can help you and Support Team to fix this Problem.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the update on this. I've updated our 2nd Tier supporters on the issue at hand.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks, but your message with links of my website is still public. Please change it on Private or do something other, that not everyone can See name or Link of my website.

best regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I've added your duplicator package to our internal system so our developer could have a look.

Also it seems that you are loading the jquery.touchSwipe.min.js script twice on your page. Could you confirm this ?

Just for additional information infinite scroll doesn't append to the existing list, it actually refreshes the entire view container with the new list with the additional Items.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

1.yes, touchswipe.js loads 2 times, but you can one of them remove. I needed it for test. But this cannot cause this our Problem with Infinite Scroll.

2. I have saw also this and think this can be a real Problem, while if Overlay is already open and after this loads Infinite Scroll, must not be Overlay functions affected. In this time are all variables already selected and therefore Infinite Scroll must not affect them. But if Infinite Scroll really refreshes view Container, that's why it can affect already selected Variable.
But why must view everytime refresh view Container? it must only append new elements.

Can you test it, if this a real Problem is? For this you don't need my overlay function necessarily. You can create some very easy Function, how I do it " Long Fadeout " , and test it better.

best regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I'm checking with our developers and 2nd tiers for more information on this 🙂

I must thank you for your continued patience with us.

Will post any new information as I get it.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.