Skip Navigation

[Resolved] While editing Cred checkboxes are all checked

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When editing a Post with CRED and some Checkboxes Fields are present, they are always checked by default

Solution:
This is solved in any current CRED / Toolset version.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by FedericoI4663 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
admin.jpg
checkboxes.jpg

I created a form to edit user information but all checkboxes are displayed checked while they are not... i read that this issue should be solved with latest Toolset versions but it seems that it is still present.

<div class="row" >
		<div class="col-md-12 userprofile donnees">  
       		<span class="userProfTitre">Données de pratique professionnelle</span> 
        </div>
     </div>
<div class="row" >
		               <span class="libel">Patients</span>  [cred_field field='patients' post='user' value='' urlparam='']
		       </div>
  </div>

<div class="row" >
		               <span class="libel">Spécialité(s)</span>  [cred_field field='specialite-s' post='user' value='' urlparam='']
		       </div>             
             </div>
<div class="row" >
		               <span class="libel">Technique(s)</span>  [cred_field field='technique-s' post='user' value='' urlparam='']
		       </div>

</div>

Could you please advice ?

Can you show me where you read that this is solved in this Toolset Update?

I also made some tests locally and can not replicate this situation.

Is there any additional step to follow?

I simply created 2 Custom Fields "Checkboxes" with types, gave it each 3 options, and selected randomly some of them in a User.

Then I created a User Edit Form and visited it, all Checkboxes are checked correctly.

Hi Beda,

i was mentioning " latest Toolset versions" not last version....

I did the same as you described, my checkboxes are in a User group field, since i am still developing i can give you private access if you can give a look.

Many thanks,
Federico

OK, I understand, but where have you seen this information?
This will lead me to the issue reporting Ticket and from there I can see the internal BUG process.

This issue is not replicable, it might be due to other plugins or some custom code, or a step I miss in replicating it, but as it seems it's not the case.

1. Can you show me the thread where it's stated as reported and solved?

2. Access won't help me here, as debugging online is not possible

Instead, could you send me a Site's Snapshot?

This should include only Toolset Plugins and a WordPress native Theme if possible.

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thanks, that was actually a long and nasty issue, now I recall.

But it involved very specific (not native) settings in the Checkboxes and CRED Form Fields.

I am downloading your package to look at this closer.

I'll update here ASAP.

OK, this is a very outdated website.

I updated WordPress and the themes.

I can not see a "Données de pratique professionnelle" checkboxes group thou, anywhere on that form.

This is because the CRED form part is wrapped in a condition.
I removed that, and also the long commented HTML part of the CRED Form, because to debug this we need a clean form

Then I can see the checkboxes and they are all unchecked

I checked a few, submitted the form, and revisited it.

But revisiting the form, and my profile, the things are not saved.

I then saw that my profile in the backend has not even the required Data saved, and updated it.

After doing this, the form worked fine, this means, also the CheckBoxes where saved fine.

What I suggest on your Site:

1. Remove the HTML comments and the CRED Code that you do not want to display.
There is not much in it to hide a part of the form with HTML comments since you can't see it

2. Try to (as a test) remove the CRED Conditional to see if this is the issue, but locally I was not able to replicate such an issue

I suspect the main issue is due to the outdated software.

Hi Beda,

this is strange, everything is updated on my server, from what you are saying i probably did not sent you the last zipped Duplicator version...

But still i have the issue.

Anyway, I will try to create a very simple form with no Conditional and see if it works...

Meanwhile many thanks for your support

This should work, also with conditionals.

I can not replicate an issue like that, but I might miss a crucial add-on step.

Please let me know if you can solve it - I definitely recommend to start with the hidden HTML

I tried several CRED Conditionals on CheckBoxes and they all work as expected.

Hi Beda,

i removed all the conditionals from the form and now it is working as expected, that is the most important, many thanks for you time and support.

Best ,
Federico

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.