Skip Navigation

[Closed] Where should we start?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

We use Astra Theme for our websites. Sometimes we use the transparent header feature of Astra.

1 - We can see that Toolset does not have the features inside LAYOUTS to set the header as transparent as it happens when im inside a page. It has only option to enable header or disable it.

Considering you say on your main page that it works with all themes we believe it would work with Astra, which apparently it doesn't fully.

2 - Having that in mind we decided for the first time to go for Toolset Blocks considering perhaps the option would be there... we were regretfully wrong.
We understand that Toolset Blocks was written with the user-friendliness in mind, and it appears that it's heading that way.
But at the moment we can't even add a title with the H1 tag that certainly is a bad start. We had to add it manually by editing the code, perhaps we missed that part.

3 - We decided to remove Toolset Blocks and continue with Layouts and Views. Editing the content template that was built with blocks still shows blocks... so we unninstalled it... and it still opens up with Toolset Blocks (?!). We had to create another so that it would appear the normal Toolset content template.

4 - We didn't find the button to close the Block Editor.

5 - Once we use the toolset Blocks, it doesnt allow me to go back to the normal editor unless we are missing something.

6 - We use Elementor with Header and Footer Blocks. The Footer block is set to show in whole site, however in the individual gallery page the footer does not show when we work with toolset blocks. Apparently with Layouts it works.

Hope to get feedback as soon as possible considering we are under a deadline.

If you wish to check it by yourself we can provide the login by setting the next post private.

Thanks

Classic-Editor.JPG
h1-tag.JPG

Hello,

There are lots of questions in this thread, I am trying to answer them one by one.

Q1) transparent header,

How do you set the header as transparent in Astra theme?
Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WP installtion, if you want a CSS solution, please provide a live problem page URL and working page URL, so I can test it in my Chrome browser.

Private message box enabled. thanks

Q2) H1 tag
I assume we are talking about Toolset Heading block, it is possible to setup a H1 tag, see my screenshot h1-tag.JPG

Q3) it still opens up with Toolset Blocks
Since you are using Toolset Views plugin, so you can still use Toolset Blocks feature,
You can try these:
1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", enable option:
Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build

2) Edit your content template again, there is a link for switching to classic editor:
Use the Classic Editor for this Template, see screenshot classic-edior.JPG

Q4) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", you can use option: Show only the legacy interface for designing with shortcodes

Q5) See the answer of Q3 and Q4

Q6) Toolset Blocks plugin is based on WordPress builtin Blocks editor(Gutenberg editor), both Blocks editor and Elementor editor are page builders, it is not recommended to use them both to design the same page/post, it might conducts unexpected result as you mentioned above.

The topic ‘[Closed] Where should we start?’ is closed to new replies.