Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Where is this hidden input coming from and how do I get rid of it?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by samB-3 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I after upgrading WordPress and and all plug-ins to the latest version I noticed that a particular view was not working. After looking into it I found that this was being added to the end of each query:

&wpv_aux_current_post_id=18197

which I believe comes from the following hidden input:

<input class="wpv_aux_current_post_id wpv_aux_current_post_id-91-TCPID18197" type="hidden" name="wpv_aux_current_post_id" value="18197">

This messes up my view and causes it to not display the latest post which is a problem. How can I remove this input and/or prevent it from appending the above to the query and/or work around it?

I'm having a hard time explaining this so I hope I explained it clearly. Thank you very much for your help!

Dear Sam,

The URL parameter "wpv_aux_current_post_id" is for Views AJAX feature, it is not recommended to remove it.
There are two workaround for you:
1) if you are using ajax Pagination in your Views, you can try this, edit the problem view, in section "Pagination and Sliders Settings", click "Advanced options" button, disable the option "Enable browser history management when paginating the View"

2) And you can disable it with Views filter hook wpv_filter_requires_current_page, for example, add below codes into your theme/functions.php:

add_filter('wpv_filter_requires_current_page', 'my_func', 10, 2);
function my_func($requires_current_page, $view_settings){
	return false;
}

Thank you, Luo. I had to use the functions.php filter to disable it for the affected view as that seemed to be the only way I could get it to work. Your advice was spot on as usual!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.