Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Where is site the license stored? I want to avoid overwriting it in environments

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Client wanted to know where we store the license key.

Solution:
The site key is stored along with other installer setting in wp_installer_settings. This is a serialized object that is also and zipped. That's why it doesn't show up in searching the DB.

You can, however, get the site key from https://wpml.org/account/sites/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: Copy dev to staging and staging to production without overwriting the environmental site licenses.

I visited this URL: the plugins listing

I expected to see: a licensed pluging (I have a site licence key for each site)

Instead, I got: a message the the license is invalid because it is being overwritten with the site license from another environment.

I have to request that information from our DEV Team.
I also need to query with them first if I am allowed to publicly share this information

Please expect my informations here in the forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you!

If it's stored in a file...
I am using DeployBot and can exclude that file in my environment deployment settings.

If it's stored in the database...
I am using WP Migrate Pro and can exclude that table in my database migration profile.

This information can be shared via email, if that is preferred.

I apologize, I am still awaiting feedback here.

I will update you ASAP.

Thank you

The site key is stored along with other installer setting in wp_installer_settings. This is a serialized object that is also and zipped. That's why it doesn't show up in searching the DB.

You can, however, get the site key from https://wpml.org/account/sites/

I was able to add wp_installer_settings to the exceptions list so that it is not migrated as it seems it is solely used by Toolset. One week and no problems!! Thanks for the help!!

Laurie

You are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.