Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Where has Toolset Views and Toolset Layouts Gone?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zacharyL 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author

I'm trying to get clean files for the Toolset Views and Toolset Layouts, which appear to be deprecated as there are no links for them in the Downloads page.

If I just have Toolset Types and Toolset Blocks installed, can I expect to have the same (or similar) functionality I've become accustomed to from Views and Layouts?

How drastic of a change will it be to my workflow, and will I have the option of developing with the "old way" in the these two plugins?

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

The views and Layouts are Categorized as Legacy plugin and same can be downloaded from the Legacy section on the download page , https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

Blocks is more of a front end tool and we are adding more features most of the functionality of view and layouts are possible with blocks however if you wish to have greater control our the loop and the output, Toolset Views is still a better option.

If you are very much accustomed to Views and Layouts you can still make use of it.

I hope this helps better.

Kind regards
Raja

We've come to rely heavily on views to output dynamic content for many different kinds of post types. Will the level of control, that we've come to expect, be implemented in some form with Blocks at some point in the future, so we won't have to rely on Legacy plugins that look to be reaching their end of life?

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

At this moment the level of control is greater in views and we tend to suggest clients to use view when they couldn't achieve the desired results with blocks.

We are still supporting legacy plugins and actively developing blocks adding more feature to make it as powerful as legacy views.

Also to mention you can always use any existing legacy views in blocks.

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate the help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.