Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When views is enabled – the website will not load.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Load the website frontend with WP views. The website will not load. Now and again, it will load the header file but that is all.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The whole page.

Instead, I got: Just the header.

Disabling the views plugin fixes the problem.

Can you enable WP Debug and let us know if some error is thrown?
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

This will help to determine what the issue is, but likely it is a fatal error, the first step would be to replace all Toolset Plugins on your install with fresh copies from https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If then the issue persists, please also try without other plugins, and let us know the results of these tests
Thanks!

Hi there,

Tried the following which resulted in no fix:
- Disabled all other plugins
- Tried different theme
- Fresh installed all toolset plugins

It is a fatal error and just emits memory exhausted.

Thanks

Hi there,

I have pinpointed the issue. A view had this shortcode in it: [wpv-post-excerpt length="80" count="word" more="..."]

I see no issue with this shortcode? Without the shortcode the whole website loads fine.

The shortcode seems fine. There must be something else going on. Is there any custom code in Toolset > Settings > Custom code? If so, please deactivate it. Is it possible to isolate a single post in the View that is causing the memory failure? For example, if you set the View limit to 1, does the failure happen on the first post? If you reverse the sort order with the limit still set at 1, does it again happen on the first post? If not, try manipulating the limit to see when it fails.

If it happens on one specific post only, check the post content and the excerpt field to confirm there is nothing in that post content that would trigger an infinite loop, for example, placing a post's content template inside itself. Feel free to show me the post content if there is any question.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.