Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When trying to edit / duplicate a CPT with WPML, it opens Layout Editor

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 3 years, 4 months ago.

Author

I am trying to: Translate content with WPML and Toolset (latests versions of both plugins and WP)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I can provide you admin access if you need it.

I expected to see:
I used to translate content without problem, so far. Now, I guess after uploading plugins this problems appears. I can't translate my content because the web links to Layout Edit.

(I can provide a video with the problem)

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jaime

Firstly, there was an issue with Layouts and the update to WordPress 5.6, I see you have the latest Layouts installed, but it could be that you need to clear your browser cache to make sure you are using the latest JS that ships with Layouts. You may want to try in a different browser than normal to be sure.

Assuming that does not fix the problem, can you give some more specific details of what you are trying to translate and how?

We may need to try and reproduce the problem.

It may help to see it in action on your site, so, yes, please, can we get site credentials from you?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

The problem was caused by the latest update of Layouts and WordPress 5.6
Just clearing the cache made the magic.
🙂

Thanks Nigel. I didn't even thought on that.
Shame on me!
🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.