Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When try to update a taxonomy term we get an fatal error

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Amr

When trying to update a taxonomy term we get a fatal error

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

When we deactivate Toolset Blocks, the error disappears.

We are using:
WordPress version 5.4.2
Current theme: plain-child (version 1.7.1)
Current plugin: Toolset Forms (version 2.6.6)
Current plugin: Toolset Blocks (version 1.4.1)
Current plugin: Toolset Types (version 3.4.7)
PHP version 7.4.13

See:

(Error details moved to private reply)

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

From the error message, it seems that the files of one of the Toolset plugins are not complete. Maybe files were deleted, or not completely uploaded in the case of FTP install.

Please remove the Toolset plugins, this will not remove the data. Then, install the Toolset Types plugin manually, activate it. Register the site if needed. Then install the remaining plugins using the Toolset installer at Plugins->Add New->Commercial(tab).
- https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/

If this does not help, we'll need a copy of your website and the steps to follow to reproduce the issue, so we can debug this locally.
We prefer Duplicator packages for taking the website's copy. Other ways are also fine.

Amr

Thank you for your reply. We re-installed all the toolset plug-ins manually, but that did not make a difference.

One more thing. We just realized that the error detail we shared has some info that should not be public. Can you please delete it or hide it. Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Sure, I moved the error details to a private reply.

Looking forward to your reply about my previous suggestion.

Amr

Thank you, Jamal. Unfortunately at this point, I cannot share a copy of the site. I am going to have to live with the problem until we found a solution to edit taxonomy metadata/custom fields.

Jamal
Supporter

I understand.

I just want to add that from the errors in the reply https://toolset.com/forums/topic/when-try-to-update-a-taxonomy-term-we-get-an-fatal-error/#post-1946713
It seems to me that the Toolset plugins are not complete. If I got a copy of your website, I'll try by reinstalling the plugins first before debugging further.

I can also work with a staging site and FTP access to it. If that's possible, Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.
Otherwise, I'll consider this ticket close, and I'll set it to close if you don't reply within 3 weeks.

Amr

Thank you Jamal.

I reinstalled every single plugin manually and we are still having an issue. I do not have a staging site to give you access to at this time. You can close this ticket. I will reach out later in the future when I can configure a staging site for you to troubleshoot the problem.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, I'll be looking forward to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.