Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I modify a custom post it loses the template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristianoT 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello,
everytime I change the text (or a field) of a custom post type (Raccomandazione-cittadini) it lose the template and on the frontend it display only the plain text.
I have to go to the template layout aand click "use this template for all raccomandazione-cittadino" so it takes it again.

Can you please tell me how to stop this behavior.
Thansk

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

In the previous month a couple of our users faced the same issue. It was caused by mixing Toolset layouts and Toolset Blocks, and the workaround was to activate Toolset Views instead of Toolset Blocks. From the debug information, it seems that you are already using Toolset Views.

Maybe this is a different case, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If it does not help, I'll need a copy of your website as described here https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
Please use filter to reduce the size of the copy as described in this video around 1:00 hidden link
If Duplicator fails to create a copy, we'll need a database copy/export, plugins, and theme folders, all in a zip file. Your next reply will be private to let you share the download link safely.

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I disabled all the other plugins and now it doesn't lose the template anymore, thats good.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.