Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I add an item via relationship this item is not available to others posts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot link one child post to more than one parent post. It is not available to select in the post relationship field.

Solution: A many-to-many relationship is required if you want to relate more than one parent to the same child post.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aldoR 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I have a custom post type (Menu) where I can add some items (primi piatti) via post relationship
If i connect an item in a menu, it's ok, but if I try to add the same item in another post (menu 2) I don't see the previous selected item

I've attacched some screenshot to explain better

I need the item of post type (primi piatti) are all available in all possible related post type (menu)

Hi, what kind of post relationship is this? I assume it is a one-to-many relationship. If so, you cannot associate the same dish with multiple menus. That requires a many-to-many relationship, so the same dish can be used in multiple menus, and a menu can also have multiple dishes.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.