Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When editing page, it auto refreshes to 'Edit Layout'

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 5.12.59 PM.png

I am trying to:
Edit this page (built with blocks) hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: only seen editing the page.

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: redirected to this page hidden link (screenshot attached)

Hello, it sounds like you would like to use the Blocks Editor to design a page, but you're being redirected to a Layouts editor instead. In general, it's advised that you deactivate and delete the Toolset Layouts plugin if you plan to use the Blocks Editor to edit posts. The Layouts plugin existed before Toolset Blocks, and we do not advise using them together on new sites. If you've used Layouts in the past on this site, and plan to continue using Layouts, please note that there was an issue introduced recently where some Toolset plugins are not automatically updated correctly to their most recent versions: https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/

The issue there is that the Layouts plugin should be updated manually to its latest version. However, if this is a new site and you have not used the Toolset Layouts system, I suspect that deactivating and deleting Toolset Layouts is the best way forward here.

Let me know if I've misunderstood, or if deactivating Layouts is not the solution here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.