Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When editing a row, the tag classes are not saving

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.19.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.17.24 PM.png

I am trying to: Add a tag to a row

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: a continuous white background

Instead, I got: transparent background on the new cell I just added.

This is since updating the plugin yesterday.

The screenshots (the taller one) is what it looks like in Safari, the shorter one is Chrome

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.30.29 PM.png

I rolled back, layout, types and view and things are working. attached screenshot is what the problem on the front end is there are no tags to style. I have to update the staging site for the client with the rolled back plugins.

Hello,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader.

Please accept our apologies for the late response.

One of our first tier supporters will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Bryant,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We actually published an update for our Layouts plugin that may resolve this for you.

Could you update to version 1.8.4 and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 12.38.26.png

Shane.
I've updated to Layout 1.8.5 and this still does NOT work.

It's not saving the class at all. See screen cast.
hidden link

I'm not going to write another support ticket for this as there are quite a few about this same error, and has cost several days of my time. Plus, I have a website to finish by today, and I have to roll back again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.

I took a look at our system and noticed that there is an escalated thread open for our development team to look at.

They are already aware of the issue and should be working on a fix for this. Once there is an update i'll try and post it in the forum.

Thanks,
Shane

Having this same issue - just adding my name so I can get an email update as to when it is resolved. Thanks.

Having the same issue. Just like jeffreyM I just add my name to receive update

I just found a not so quick fix, but it actually works for me.

I am adding the classes directly in the database. Search within postmeta table, the layout you are trying to edit.. in the key value it will appear all the code for the layout... Look for the the row or cell you want to edit, look for the additional classes code and add your classes..

Make sure you dont open the layout in the admin panel, since that will overwrite the database...

I know this is not a good solution, but after three days of looking for one, this is the best we can do, to keep working on our clients website..

Toolset is a gret tool, but this time it has cost us 3 days of extra work, and my client is not happy 🙁

Since no fix seems immediately forthcoming on this, is it possible simply to rollback to a previous version (1.8.3) of Layouts safely, even though the other plugins are all up to date? Or do I need to rollback Views and Types as well? Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guys,

A new version of Layouts has been release and should resolve this issue.

Please try and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.