Skip Navigation

[Resolved] when editing a page, can't choose toolset fields

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
toolset.jpg

I am trying to: click the 'Fields and Views' button when editing a normal page (problem with and without using fusion editor)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any page

I expected to see: list of fields and views

Instead, I got: attached image

Ups, this looks like a conflict with some other Plugin, or Theme.
Likely something loading any JS script or CSS that we also load.

There is only one way to find out what is happening:
Either on a testing site or after a good backup, deactivate all plugins but Toolset.
By then the issue most likely will be resolved, if not also disable the Theme, by when the issue should be gone for good, otherwise it would be replicable on my (and others) installs, which does not seem to be the case.

Once you see the Toolset Fields GUI working correctly you'll need to re-activate all the deactivated software one by one or in chunks until you spot the one that causes the conflict.

Then, you can share the plugin/theme with me, I will try to contact the author (if you can provide contact details, and/or as well contact their authors it can always help to expedite, in those cases).

Please let me know which plugin you spot, I see a few potential ones:
- TinyMCE Advanced
- Head & Footer Code
- Duplicate Post

I mention these because they might hook similar scripts as Toolset.

Please let me know what you find while testing so that we can resolve the issue later either in Toolset or by contacting the 3rd party.
I already activated a private reply so you can add eventual copies of the plugin, contact details and precise steps to the issue in your next reply.

PS, there is likely also a JS error in the Browser Console, if there is one, can you include it?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.