Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When designing a view in block editor the site slows down dramatically

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by RensV5812 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I first noticed that opening the preview of the page that I was editing using the block editor was taking very long to load (5+ minutes or not at all). Then I tried to just get into my wp-admin on a different tab and this just won't open. I tried on my pc and Macbook. It's not the first time this happened when designing a view in the block editor.

Does this have to do with the weight of the Toolset plugins? My website is hosted through GoDaddy.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ren,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I tried having a look at this for you but it seems that the credentials don't work.

Could you check on this and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for getting in touch. It must not have finished loading properly when I added the user.

How do I send you the new credentials?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

I've enabled the private fields so that you can provide me with the credentials once more.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

I'm still experiencing the same issue where the credentials are not working.

Were you able to log in with them ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, I have edited my previous private message. Also added a screenshot of making the credentials.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

Thanks I was able to get into the site now.

I just tried the block editor on your site and it opened up instantly for me and I was able to edit with no issues at all.

Could you record a short sample video of what you are experiencing on your end?

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

I’ll work on the site tomorrow morning (Amsterdam time) and if it happens I’ll make a screen recording.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

Any updates on this one ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

It happens right away when you try to edit the page with this view on it. Right now it won't even load all the way... If you want to see for yourself, in wp-admin go to all pages and edit the top one. It's a draft named "Alle vacatures".

It's a very simple view that pulls only six custom post types.

Thanks lots!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

I'm seeing the issue now.

I've also noticed that there is a JS error in your console that could also be related to the issue.

Could you check on your server logs if there is any information or error in there related to toolset ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have just opened the error_log file (assumed you meant this one). This is what I've got:

[07-Oct-2019 18:45:01 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant __return_false - assumed '__return_false' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-member-job-manager/templates/um-submit-job-form-content.php on line 14
[25-Oct-2019 11:34:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant 'QUERY_OBJECT_POST' in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php:331
Stack trace:
#0 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php(28): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidgetControls->register_custom_search_settings_section()
#1 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/view.php(84): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidgetControls->register_controls()
#2 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php(1900): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidget->_register_controls()
#3 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugin in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php on line 331
[25-Oct-2019 11:34:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant 'QUERY_OBJECT_POST' in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php:331
Stack trace:
#0 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php(28): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidgetControls->register_custom_search_settings_section()
#1 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/view.php(84): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidgetControls->register_controls()
#2 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php(1900): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidget->_register_controls()
#3 /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugin in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php on line 331
[25-Oct-2019 11:35:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant 'QUERY_OBJECT_POST' in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php:331
Stack trace:
[25-Oct-2019 11:38:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant 'QUERY_OBJECT_POST' in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/controls.php:331
Stack trace:

After that I get this message on 558 lines (over 12 days):

[20-Nov-2019 11:04:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vz8ihkkp3kcu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/application/controllers/compatibility/gutenberg/editor-blocks/blocks/map/MapBlock.php on line 761

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ren,

Nothing here that leads me to suspect that there is an issue.

What I would need to do is to grab a copy of your site to test locally here.

Please let me know if I can proceed with doing this.

Thanks,
Shane

Not a problem to me!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.