Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When a visual editor cell is updated, the output is not changed.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
types1.jpg
types2.jpg
types3.jpg
types4.jpg

I am trying to:
I created a layout (Single Event Layout) to display events from the Events Maker plugin.
The events are displayed correctly, but when I change the contents of a visual editor cell of the layout, the displayed events do not change.
To follow the screenshots, I created the layout with a title of QQQ.
The Event is displayed correctly
I changed the title to QQQWWWWWWWW
The event (all events in this case) is still displayed with the QQQ title

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the title to have changed to QQQWWWWWWWW

Instead, I got:
The old title

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This issue could be caused by 1 of 2 things.

1 it could be caused by caching and in that case I would recommend clearing any cache on your browser and the website and try again.

The next thing that could be causing this is a plugin conflict, What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you have done this please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

It looks like my problem is the WPML plugins I use. They are:
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management
The problem disappears when I deactivate any of them. Unfortunately, I need them all.
Would you like me to create an account for you in order to investigate further the issue or is there something I could do?

Regards,
Nick Pasadakis

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Shane is on vacation and this is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket and try to assist you further. Hope this is OK.

We published a new release of Toolset Layouts 1.8.10. Could you please update Layouts plugin to this latest official released version and try to resolve your issue. You can download All latest Toolset plugins from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

After updating Layouts plugin, if your issue still persists:
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange. I can see issue on your install but not on my install. I need your site copy:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to download the zip you shared but its corrupted. I downloaded it but I'm not able to extract it.

Could you please sent it to me again. Duplicator package will be the good option for me so that I can setup without losing any time.

Also, before you send me new zip:
Could you please also try to reproduce this issue on our test platform discover-wp.com
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-and-why-to-create-a-test-site-in-discover-wp/

Because I do not able to reproduce this issue on our test platform. You can create test site for "woocommerce" reference site with layouts + WPML:
=> http://discover-wp.com/register/?site_type=660

Could you please confirm you reproduce same issue with above reference site as well and if so, could you please share access details of reference site with me.

I tried to reproduce this issue on your test platform at discover-wp.com but I can not since there is no way for me to add the Events Maker plugin.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - Your file is big. I put it for download. I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

I escalated the ticket to our next level support for assessment. It looks like compatibility issue as Visual editor cell is working fine with CPTs created using Types plugin.

I see the issue with Event Maker plugins CPT Event's single page with layout assigned to single page.
I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

We found this is the compatibility issue with the Events maker plugin. This plugin does not compatible with Layouts.

We tried to replaces the ..\wp-content\plugins\events-maker\templates\content-single-event.php with the following content and then Layouts cells works properly.:

<?php
get_header( 'layouts');
the_ddlayout( 'page-default' ); // Loads 'page-default' layout by default
get_footer( 'layouts' );
exit;
?>

I've escalated this ticket to our compatibility team. Please note that we will not sure how long it will take because if also depends on plugin authors cooperation. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Hi Minesh,

I tried to change the ..\wp-content\plugins\events-maker\templates\content-single-event.php file as instructed but unfortunately it makes no difference. You have probably made some other changes as well. I would appreciate if you could look into it so that I can at least implement a quick and dirty fix to the problem.

Furthermore, since you have your copy of the site I'll commence working on it again

Regards,

Nick Pasadakis

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry - I forget to add that the I used Toolset starter theme to test that code, not your theme. So as I said basically issue is from plugin and the issue is already forward to compatibility team with all relevant information.

As you can check there is no issue with other CPT single page where layout is assigned to it and layout having Visual editor cell, the issue occurs with only Events CPT that is created by the Events Maker plugin.

Minesh
Supporter

As this is the compatibility issue and this will take long to resolve - you may close this for now. I will get in touch with you when I see any progress in our internal compatibility ticket,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.