Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When a search is reset, eternal waiting response is obtained

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello!

thanks for your great platform!

We have developed a classified map, and wherever a search is made, after it, when the reset button is clicked, an eternal waiting response is obtained.

For example, after this search:

hidden link

You click on "Nouvelle recherche" aka reset button, and prepare to wait.

What can we do?

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 1.53.27 PM.png

Hi, there seems to be a JavaScript error in some custom code here. Please see the attached screenshot. Can you resolve this error so we can continue to troubleshoot?

Thank you Christian,

I have fixed that error and still see the problem.

What do you think it could be happening?

Thanks,

Mario

I don't think the JavaScript error was fully resolved. There is still an unexpected end of script error logged. I think you just need to close out one more function call at end of the script:

jQuery("html, body").animate({scrollTop: 0}, "fast");
});
});
}); // add this line to fix the JS unexpected end of script error please

If this does not resolve the problem, I need to get more information about the server error. My admin login credentials are no longer working, unfortunately. Do you have server logs active with WP_DEBUG? If you're not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to activate them temporarily. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just after the WP_DEBUG line:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Now try to reset the search again to produce the 502 bad gateway error. This should create an error_log.txt plain text file in your site's root directory. You can use FTP or a File Manager in your server Control Panel to download the error log.. Please open that file with a text editor and copy all the contents. Paste the contents in your next reply. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file with FTP.

Thank you Christian for your kind support.

I have renewed your access. Please, use the credentials already given.

I have applied your closing tags and I believe the error still appears.

However, as far as I know, I don't get a 502, but an eternal waiting time.

Please, let me know if you have success accessing our wordpress.

Thanks,

Mario

No, the admin credentials still do not work for me. Please check and provide updated credentials.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.