Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What to do while waiting for TVC plugins to be php7 compatible?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Just got a fresh WP install. Tried to install Types. Got same 'php7 support error' as reported:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/php7-support/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/support-for-php-7-rc/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/types-php-7-error/

---

TVC Support:
"Basically, we do guarantee that whatever PHP version WordPress itself is officially and publicly compatible with, Toolset is also compatible."

User:
"Given PHP7 is now released and supported by wordpress when can we expect to see support for it in Views?"

TVC Support:
"While WordPress is ready for PHP 7, PHP 7 itself is not released.
I apologize that the post is not in full english but it gives a idea of what happened, and also that there is no ETA for PHP 7 official release:
hidden link
We at Toolset are working hard to make Toolset Fully compatible with PHP 7 but unfortunately I can no tell neither when PHP 7 will be released as stable and also not when Toolset will be fully compatible with it."

---

Please can you offer a detailed suggestion on what we should do while waiting for this to be resolved:

#1 "Switching back to PHP 5.6 corrects the error." - is this an option. How do we switch back?

#2 "I've removed the extra 'break' as Ikraav has, the site loads admin ui seems ok but some widgets and content templates don't work." - comments?

No doubt the TVC developers are pushing to find a solution, but in the meantime, it would be good & responsible to offer clear guidelines on what customers should do instead of letting multiple threads pop up on the same issue.

Note: after activating the Types plugin and getting the fatal error, i couldn't get into WP dashboard and the site was down. Had to FTP in and delete the plugin folder in order to get back into wp-admin. Presumably, there are many users who are not familiar with this and would be stuck with a broken site and plenty of frustrating downtime.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I apologize deeply the inconveniences you are facing due to this issue.

PHP-7 compatibility with Toolset plugins is on priority now and as you said many user's have reported issues related to it. However I still do not have any ETA on when Toolset plugins will be fully compatible with PHP7. For now the best thing is that you should downgrade PHP to best compatible version.

#1 "Switching back to PHP 5.6 corrects the error." - is this an option. How do we switch back?
=> To rollback to PHP 5.6, you may ask your server admin to help on this issue and he will help you to rollback PHP to 5.6.

#2 "I've removed the extra 'break' as Ikraav has, the site loads admin ui seems ok but some widgets and content templates don't work." - comments?
=> Yes, indeed its compatibility issue with PHP-7 and Toolset plugins. Once you revert back to PHP 5.6, I think it will be resolve as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.