Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What page template does cred use for previews

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am using Beaver Builder Theme. When I try to preview cred form all I get is shortcodes. If I swith back to wp 2016 theme I can preview forms. an you tell me the page template cred forms is calling when doing a preview.

Tia

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am happy to help you with this.

I am not exactly sure what is causing this. Do you mind passing a zip copy (via Google Drive or Dropbox) of the Beaver Builder Theme so I may duplicate this issue on my end?

I have enabled the private box.

Were you able to download and install the Beaver Builder themes. I do not recall any licensee keys being needed.

Tia
cred2.jpg
cred1.jpg

Please see the attached screenshots. Is this what you are experiencing?

I see there is an update to Beaver Builder. Unfortunately, I was unable to test the update. Can you see if updating the theme corrects the issue?

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

This is what I am getting in the preview window. Yes I have the updated theme.

Form Preview Mode Email First Name Last Name Mobile Phone Please validate reCAPTCHA [creduserform class='cred-user-form cred-keep-original'] [cred_field field='form_messages' value=''] <div class="cred-field cred-field-user_email"> <label class="cred-label"> Email </label> [cred_field field='user_email' post='user' value='' urlparam=''] </div> <div class="cred-field cred-field-first_name"> <label class="cred-label"> First Name </label> [cred_field field='first_name' post='user' value='' urlparam=''] </div> <div class="cred-field cred-field-last_name"> <label class="cred-label"> Last Name </label> [cred_field…

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Terry,

As Tia is unable to respond to your ticket at the moment since she is on holiday today I will be responding on her behalf.

Do the shortcode render on the frontend ? Meanin when you add the CRED form to a page does it render completely fine ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes the form renders fine on the frontend. Usually I do a quick creation using wizard then place form on page. This way I can preview edits. Or if I am going to batch a few forms I will switch to 2016 theme and preview while creating in wizard. But switching back and forth between themes not good. I was curious to what page template cred uses when generating preview perhaps I could work this out with theme developer.

Tia

Do you mind if I login and take a look around? Please let me know if the site credentials you are adding is a live site or a testing site.

Also, please let me know the frontend URLs and any backend templates I will need to be looking at.

I would like to request temporary site access. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will request to duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Tia

We do need it per thread in case this particular ticket is escalated to our developers and 2nd Tier. In that case they wouldn't know where to look so it's best to have it as well in this thread. Thank you for understanding. I have enabled the private box.

Tia

Thank you for that information. I am looking into the issue and will respond shortly after investigating.

Tia

Hello, Terry. Quick update to let you know I will be speaking with my team on this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Tia

I am still discussing this issue with my team. Thank you for your continued patience.

Tia

I have finished debugging. The issue needs further investigation.

I am going to escalate your ticket to 2nd Tier support where they can take a deeper look into the matter. Either a team member from 2nd Tier support or myself will update this thread with progress as it comes along.

I apologise the dealy here.

I have debugged this issue and it's due to the Theme.

This issue is solved when you enable a Static Front Page in the Theme settings or Settings > Reading.

The theme has a particular setting

$show_full

in the Code that is triggering the issue.

When this is not set, then the Theme calls only

the_excerpt

and we can not replace

the_excerpt

, we need

the_content

to display a CRED Form.

So then, when ever you have as front page an Archive (wich is the case on "latest Posts"), this setting kicks in and calls

the_excerpt

instead of

the_content

There is not much we can do here, but I passed this issue to our Compatiblity Team, wich will get in touch with the Theme Developers.

It might help if you also pass them (the authors) a notice of this issue.

Finally!!

Version 1.6 of the Theme you were using was released on May 23rd and does resolve this issue. Can you please confirm this as well?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.