[Resolved] What is the best approach to create a form which website users can submite conte

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by willM-4 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

Hello,

I have created a custom post type which will represent services or needs for covid-19

I want to create a form where users(which dont need to be member of the site) can upload their needs or resources.

What would be the most rescommended approach to?

I want the user to input when submitting a need : Name, Email Adress, Terms and Conditions agremeent etc.. ? Thanks

So far I have a custom post type with the fields:

Need or Resource

Type Of Resource

Deadline

Should I add those "user information" fields to the post type itself? What about terms and condition? Or what would be your suggestion? Thanks

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The problem URL you shared I tried to access but it asks for a password:
=> hidden link

Regarding the Terms and Conditions agreement field, you should try to add that field as a checkbox using a Generic field.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/inserting-generic-fields-into-forms/

As such Terms and Conditions agreement field value we are not going to save to the database but we will use it just for validation purpose. You can make the field required.

Yes, you already created the post type and created custom fields so its fine to allow users to post information. You just need to create a post form.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-creating-content/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!