Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Weird behavior of Datepicker field on front end

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Silvia 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

One of the users of the website reported a weird behaviour of the datepicker field on front end when trying to add a cpt (path to page: hidden link)
I tested it with Chrome and Safari and got two different results.
In Chrome when clicking on the icon to reveal the calendar, whatever day is clicked, when the calendar closes the field reports the day before of the one picked. In Safari most of the times clicking on a day doesn't produce any effect, and the date field remains empty. I have uploaded a brief video at hidden link to better explain what I am experiencing. The video capture was made when using Chrome browser. I tried flushing the cache, but nothing changed.
I have installed WP 5.3.2, Toolset Forms 2.5.4, Toolset Access 2.8.2.1, Toolset Types 3.3.8, Toolset Views 3.0.2, Toolset Maps 2.0.
The theme is child theme to Divi version 4.0.11.
I am providing admin access to the website if u need to check it first hand, because in order to be able to view pages and create or modify data you need to be logged in. Thank you!

Hello, I am able to see the problem you described when I test on Chrome. The datepicker is very slow to update after I click a date, and then the date shown is one day earlier than the date I actually selected. Can you try some troubleshooting steps? Or if you would prefer, I can try them:
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Forms
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty
- Test again
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem is not resolved, please tell me your PHP time zone settings. If you're not sure, you can find those by adding a PHP info page to the site. We have more information about that here under the section "How to check your PHP version": https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Dear Christian, I tried the troubleshooting steps that you suggested. I deactivated all plugins but Views, Types and Forms, tested the date picker in the page, and it worked fine. So I proceeded to reactivate plugins 1 by 1 and every time I repeated the test on the datepicker field. Turns out that the plugin Divi Display Logic for some reason conflicts with Toolset. Luckily I was able to deactivate and delete the plugin because I handle most display conditions with Access, so it looks like the problem is solved. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.