Skip Navigation

[Resolved] We need to place our site header outside the site-inner block in layouts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Use the same header of the website in the posts generated with the Layout template.

Solution:
You can set a default Parent layout to be assigned to all layouts of your website. Go to: Toolset >> Settings >> Layouts.

OR if you want to use original header of theme without using Parent layout, you can disable default layout and only use Layouts plugin for the Content part (body part of the posts).

Please also make sure that your theme’s single.php file does not have this code:

<?php the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' );  ?>
This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to: use the same header of the website in the posts generated with the Layout template

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. You can set a default Parent layout to be assigned to all layouts of your website. Go to: Toolset >> Settings >> Layouts, see attached screenshot.

OR if you want to use original header of theme without using Parent layout, you can disable default layout and only use Layouts plugin for the Content part (body part of the posts).

It sounds like you want to use Layouts for the content area of the post, but you don't want to take over the design of the entire post. This is how Layouts works with any theme that is not "integrated", meaning that Layouts only affects the content area of your post or page and not the main site design, like headers and footers and sidebars and so forth.

If this sounds like what you want, then you do not need to include "the_ddlayout()" anywhere in your single.php template. Your single.php file should not have anything like this, if you see this line in single.php then please delete it (after taking backup):

If still issue exists, can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply and also send us link to the page where problem exists:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you

Issue resolved, thanks.
Franco

Hi to all,
in our post detail that is viewed using a Layout, we cannot applu header and footer of the website because the post belong to a custom post and not a single post, so where shall we remove the script
<?php the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' ); ?>
you have indicated in your reply?

the page is: hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, you need to delete the following line OR you can replace single.php file with original theme’s single.php file (after taking backup).

Please kindly mark this current ticket as resolved if all is good now.

Have a great day,
Thank you

Hi Norman the problem we don't know where the single.php file with the code you indicated is located.
Does Toolset creates a particular single.php file ?
In our theme single.php file there is no code link this:
<?php the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' ); ?>

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

That is okay if there is no ddlayout code in your single.php file.

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your staging site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Page] Screen where issue arise.

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.